Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
Ive been using it since I got the car and the guy I got it form used it. its always been changed around 3000 miles. from the look of the oil it could probably be changed at 5000 but I still do it every 3

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I was wondering the samething since I made the switch to mobile1 but Ill just wait till the oil gets alittle dirty then change it. maybe every 6 months or so.

I have owned my IS300 for over 2years now and I only put alittle over 5000 miles on her. I change my oil every 5-6 months.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I've been using Mobil 1 since i had the car...3,000 miles or 3 months...which ever comes first :) .

doing it every 3000 is a waste of $. synt oil can last much longer. what does not last as long is the filter. you can just change the filter top off and keep on running. anyhow i do mine every 5000-5500

·
Registered
799 Posts
You'll be ok at 5,000 miles interval or very 6 months which ever comes first.
This is pretty much my intervals with Mobil 1, no problems. :)

·
Banned
371 Posts
it doesnt matter if you wait 3000 or 5000 miles to chaange your oil. it has low mileage, and Synthetic is a much cleaner, smoother oil. You can change it whenever you want. You are safe :)
I change mine every 2500 miles, but thats me. I like to keep shit clean, and immaculate. Waste of money.. but like i said, thats just me. hahaha

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
it doesnt matter if you wait 3000 or 5000 miles to chaange your oil. it has low mileage, and Synthetic is a much cleaner, smoother oil. You can change it whenever you want. You are safe :)
I change mine every 2500 miles, but thats me. I like to keep shit clean, and immaculate. Waste of money.. but like i said, thats just me. hahaha
In the end you are not going to gain anything. If I was u I would just use Valvoline Premium Dino Oil and save that money.

In all do respect the highest wear sort of speak occurs in the initial few hundred miles of the oil change, what that means is that the new oil has a lot of heavy metals and such in it's additive package. Hence changing your oil like a mad man might actually be worst than changing it every 5 or 6K mi. Once again that is what some tests show, this is not a story that my uncles cousins friend of a friend told me.

Obviously Lube Places / Dealerships will tell you to change the shit as often as possible, for them it's a way of making more and more money on labor and oil. In all do respect most people in Europe change the oil once a year or so, and those engines are much smaller and are driven much harder than we drive them over here.

·
Banned
371 Posts
In the end you are not going to gain anything. If I was u I would just use Valvoline Premium Dino Oil and save that money.

In all do respect the highest wear sort of speak occurs in the initial few hundred miles of the oil change, what that means is that the new oil has a lot of heavy metals and such in it's additive package. Hence changing your oil like a mad man might actually be worst than changing it every 5 or 6K mi. Once again that is what some tests show, this is not a story that my uncles cousins friend of a friend told me.

Obviously Lube Places / Dealerships will tell you to change the shit as often as possible, for them it's a way of making more and more money on labor and oil. In all do respect most people in Europe change the oil once a year or so, and those engines are much smaller and are driven much harder than we drive them over here.

like i said. i know its a waste of money, but thats what i CHOOSE to do.
Changing your oil every 500 miles can cause a disruption in your motor. Its not getting proper wear because you are adding new lubricant too often, however 2500 miles is enough wear and tear, and "deposits" to be safe.
it also depends on how you drive. Hard, long trips. stop and go's. floored, granny driving, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts