Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my new GT35R. I have a log style manifold. Insert bad word here....it's 4 letters. My intercooler piping hits the exhaust housing. What the hell, now what? Do I want to spend $600.00 for a tubular manifold from power house racing or spend $5.00 for some rope and hang myself in the garage. I only need it to drop 3/4 of an inch. aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh any ideas??

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
maxxpsi said:
do you know anyone using this one, had any problems

a lot of us have been using them (toyomoto/turboeast), no problems that I'm aware...just great power numbers and happy customers

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tsopranoMB said:
a lot of us have been using them (toyomoto/turboeast), no problems that I'm aware...just great power numbers and happy customers

awesome. thanks man

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
maxxpsi said:
I'm pretty sure that is Josh's (lexis307) site. I think he's running the same manifold? With the same turbine?

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
magoo said:
I'm pretty sure that is Josh's (lexis307) site. I think he's running the same manifold? With the same turbine?

awesome, you by chance don't know him do you?? hint hint :)

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
lol I know him, but not that well. I've corresponded a few times, but just recently met him in person at the latest South meet. He's cool, give him a ring. I think that site might be a joint venture with Toyomoto? I'm completely guessing. Josh if you want me to edit it, just PM me or let me know.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Just make a thicker flange and put that ontop of the existing flange (kinda like a spacer)

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
goldaltezza808 said:
Just make a thicker flange and put that ontop of the existing flange (kinda like a spacer)

thought of that, won't fix it. I will have to email magoo's friend. no phone number listed.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
maxxpsi said:
I know 1 person that had a problem with the Toyomoto/TE tubular header. He has a GT35R turbo and it was either the exhaust housing or downpipe that was too close to an ABS line, it caused his brakes to fail. He had to replace that 1 line with a stainless one.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
^^ after talking with De about that incidence, I would really hope that the person comes forward and explains that situation...

I highly doubt it was a result of the manifold...

considering myis300t has had it for quite awhile on his set-up with no related problems like that!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts