Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replace my oil at ~ every 10k mi with the filter. My head gasket has a bit of a leak, but not major. I don't leak oil. But my oil light comes on usually after a couple to few thousands miles after each change. I check the dip stick and it usually looks pretty low or dry, why is this?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Which oil light? Low pressure or low level? I’m ASSuming low level - you’re losing it somewhere. Leaks or burning would be the obvious answer.

Pretty sure the factory oci is 5k miles too. Not 10k.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Low oil level, I'd imagine its burning a lot of oil rather than leaking that much.

And idea what might be the cause of this? I might be pulling about the engine soon but not sure what parts I might need.

·
5,037 Posts
Low oil level, I'd imagine its burning a lot of oil rather than leaking that much.

And idea what might be the cause of this? I might be pulling about the engine soon but not sure what parts I might need.
If burning oil. Will need a full rebuild.

·
Registered
2005 Lexus IS300
314 Posts
first every 10K miles. like im lazy but thats excessive. try for 5-6k miles. Most jz burn some oil if they are not leaking it. but if that low oil light comes on multiple times you can be doing more harm than you think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts