Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best oil filters in your opinion that can be purchased at your local auto zone, pep boys, napa etc?

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i only use jdm filters! hehe

+red TRD of course

at the local parts store, i used to get Mobil 1 and K&N

·
Registered
774 Posts
OEM Toyota. Blitz, TRD, Momo's, and PIAA's are nice, but you are simply burning money.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
OEM Toyota. Blitz, TRD, Momo's, and PIAA's are nice, but you are simply burning money.
never said i wasn't :)

it's like organic food vs. normal produce. no real big difference, just preference and cost and the fact that i can get them

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I used OEM at the begining, while at the dealer.

Lately I've been using Mobil 1 Extended Performance and once or twice I've used PureONE.

But in all honestly, why the hell would you waste your money on a Blitz, Piaa, Momo or other useless filter. There is virtually no difference, and you won't be able to tell the difference between any of them, and especially when you change the oil often enough :suspiciou

I guess it's more for the bragging rights, YO I'm sporting a super tight JDM Blitz Filter :suspiciou I rather go have few beers than waste my money on that shit. :cool:

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
I used OEM at the begining, while at the dealer.

Lately I've been using Mobil 1 Extended Performance and once or twice I've used PureONE.

But in all honestly, why the hell would you waste your money on a Blitz, Piaa, Momo or other useless filter. There is virtually no difference, and you won't be able to tell the difference between any of them, and especially when you change the oil often enough :suspiciou

I guess it's more for the bragging rights, YO I'm sporting a super tight JDM Blitz Filter :suspiciou I rather go have few beers than waste my money on that shit. :cool:
i already explained why. if you don't like it i don't care but bashing me is stupid and shows your immaturity. i just posted because someone asked a question. go bash someone for drinking coca-cola vs RC cola... choice is a wonderful thing

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
i already explained why. if you don't like it i don't care but bashing me is stupid and shows your immaturity. i just posted because someone asked a question. go bash someone for drinking coca-cola vs RC cola... choice is a wonderful thing
By any means I wasn't trying to bash you, I was just making a general statement. You as well as others have their own right to do what you wish, I was just making a general statement for people who might think that using a "X" filter would be better than "Z" fitler.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
there are plenty of site that go over this topic. Mobil 1 filters are good. I think the best value filters are the PureOne's.

I don't like the OEM filters that you buy off the shelf at the dealer now because they are crap, almost fram level of crap. They are all made in malaysia or singapore and the quality is not there. Like a roll of toilet paper. Nothing compared to the (made in japan) filter a new car comes with. You can most certainly still buy the good OEM Japanese filters, but smart dealers mark them up. Mark them up to Mobil 1 prices.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I use Mobil 1 Extended Performance. I think TRD, Bliz etc. would be a waste of money and time (since these are mostly need to order / shipped). I think the important thing is the oil since it does all the lubricate inside the engine. For oil filter, a regular one find in local car parts store is good enough.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
By any means I wasn't trying to bash you, I was just making a general statement. You as well as others have their own right to do what you wish, I was just making a general statement for people who might think that using a "X" filter would be better than "Z" fitler.
sure, just try not to use profanity next time because it doesn't help anything and makes you sound stupid

also, where i get the filters it's not much more expensive than a mobil 1 or k&n, so an extra few bucks per year isn't hurting my wallet to get a better quality product

·
Registered
246 Posts
yeah u can pretty much buy the cheapest oil filter and you wont see any difference down the road from using the most expensive, cause they're all pretty much the same thing

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
yeah u can pretty much buy the cheapest oil filter and you wont see any difference down the road from using the most expensive, cause they're all pretty much the same thing
if you've seen the tests where filters are opened up and examined, and also filtration you wouldn't say that. and also if you are hot rodding, there's a difference.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Everyone will have a diff. opionion like you asked for, even though Mobil 1 seems to be the most preferred...hope you find/use what works best for you cause that is what really counts.

Different strokes for different folks even if it's on the same car;) .

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I use the OEM filter and I maintain a relatively strict schedule for oil changes.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I stick to Mobil 1 oil filter and Mobil 1 full synt oil. Mobil 1 filter from autozone ~$11. Expensive? So is the car that you are driving.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts