Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wondering if there is anyway to tap into the oil besides taking off the pan and getting it welded? i want to install my own turbo kit but tapping into my oil is the only thing im worried about.. thank you

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
You do not have to weld anything for an oil feed. Simply take off the oil pressure sensor (which is located right next to the oil filter) and add a T-fitting. Put the oil pressure sensor and the oil feed line on the T-fitting. Thats it! There are pictures around. Just search around, they arent too hard to find.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You do not have to weld anything for an oil feed. Simply take off the oil pressure sensor (which is located right next to the oil filter) and add a T-fitting. Put the oil pressure sensor and the oil feed line on the T-fitting. Thats it! There are pictures around. Just search around, they arent too hard to find.
where would the return line go then? i tought the return line goes there? im so mixed up right now.. ive been searching for a while but i got alot of diffrent ramblings.. 300iss thanks for clearing that part up for me..

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
The return line drains into the top of the oil pan. There is a boss already there. You just drill a hole, tap it, and then screw in the fitting for the oil return hose.

In the nicest way possible, you might want to read up on forced induction a little. Check out all of the stickied thread at the top of the Go Faster section, they are very informative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts