Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurricane Katrina could result in rising oil prices in the next couple days, according to an article I just read, so fill up your tanks today (Sunday)!

Also, my thoughts and prayers go out to anyone living in the path of the storm, even though you probably aren't reading this. A very scary situation for New Orleans, particularly. Keep safe.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
yeah i also feel sorry for those on the coast and in new orleans, but really the people to the east are the ones who get the wrath of the toronadoes and all the bad weather, dont get me wrong i would rather be where i am and deal with that then get directly hit by a bif mf hurricane, nuf said

·
Registered
283 Posts
As I was filling up this AM, saw the price jump from $2.91 for premium to $3.02. Never seen gas go up $.11 all at once before.

Luck and saftey to those in South-East.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
i just filled up on the way to work today. $48.00 for sunoco 94. crazy ish...i remember filling up for 20 bucks

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
i wish i had sunoco 94. Filled up $40.00 on 91 @ 2.83/gallon and barely got a full tank.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
In reality what is that going to do to you, if you fill up today :lol:
It's not one of those things that you do once a month or so. Eventually at the end of the week you'll have to go and fill it up again for what ever the price is :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
^^^^to them it feels good to save a few cents here and there.
just as long as you dont add it all up in a year...

·
Registered
52 Posts
the rampant market speculation on oil is crazy. it hit $70.80, and fell all the way back down to $66.30.

so basically oil costs the same as it did last week. when this bubble bursts oil could be $45 a barrel again next year.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
when summer travel season is over, prices should be dropping a tad based on less demand for gas/oil

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pawel said:
In reality what is that going to do to you, if you fill up today :lol:
It's not one of those things that you do once a month or so. Eventually at the end of the week you'll have to go and fill it up again for what ever the price is :)
Well, I was under a quarter tank anyway, so I figured I might as well do it before the price jumps a ton by Tuesday or Wednesday. I will be able to drive it for about 10 days, and, with luck, the prices might go down a little after Labor Day. More likely, it's just delaying the inevitability of paying $3/gallon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts