Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you know i hate changing the god dam oil haha.. well just the filter part.. what do you guys do or find the easiest to take off that dam filter?

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
remove the tranny dipstick, push on the engine a bit and try to squeeze that stupid D1 filter out.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I bought an oil filter relocation kit from JC Whitney that will cure this problem. Can't wait to install it the next time I change my oil.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm a newbie, but Ive already changed the oil in mine once. It's not near as hard as some of the people say. It's a bitch and you might get dirty but it's not that bad. I pulled the drain plug, then nudged the motor to the passenger side, slipped the old filter out the top. Takes a few seconds to figure it out but its simple, and alot cheaper than having Toyota dealership do it. I did the same to get the new filter in. Im NOT looking forward to changing plugs though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm a newbie, but Ive already changed the oil in mine once. It's not near as hard as some of the people say. It's a bitch and you might get dirty but it's not that bad. I pulled the drain plug, then nudged the motor to the passenger side, slipped the old filter out the top. Takes a few seconds to figure it out but its simple, and alot cheaper than having Toyota dealership do it. I did the same to get the new filter in. Im NOT looking forward to changing plugs though.
Plugs aren't as bad as it seems. There's even a step by step on the forum with pictures somewhere as well. But, back to the Oil filter, it is a PITA to change it. I'm going to order the relocation kit before I change my oil next as well.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I pull the engine every time I do the oil change...a lot easier than cramming my hand down the side near the intake manifold.......:p

Changing plugs aren't bad after you do it once. BUT it's a bigger pain if you're turboed with a turbo blanket B/c that little bracket on the throttle body is a bitch to get out!!!

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
There is a wire harness with it's bracket attached to the fender that I unbolt. Other than that no engine pulling or twisting or massaging, It takes me 10 minutes to change my oil and my arms aren't skinny at all either, what's your guys' problem?;) One thing I do is let the filter drop into a plastic bag so the oil doesn't spill everywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts