Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the whole under plastic have to come off to reach up and change the oil filer?. I started taking out screws, but thought there might be a faster way. (alot of dame screws) Someone tell me if you know. Maybe I was doing it right and got lazy.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've been told you can get it out from the top just under the intake manifold. Someone also gave a really good Idea to put a plastic bag around it as you take it off. This way you don't pour the oil down onto that plastic pan you mentioned. My dealer has already done this to mine. I'm gonna change mine next week.

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeah its really crowed under the hood, but it can be done from above.

First BUY AN OIL FILTER WRENCH. The first time i didn't have one, and it took me 4 hours to do an oil change.

Okay, just get a 10mm wrench and remove the bolt that connects the oil dipstick to the intake manifold.

Next there should be a hose that crosses right over the oil filter, it connects to this bracket thing near the filter, remove that bolt so you can move the hose around.

now just take off the oil filter, with a plastic bag if you want (really good idea), and move it up, and then toward the front of the car. Any hoses that get in the way just push down. Line it up so that its in between the hole where you took out the bolt for the oil dipstick, and the ecu cover. The hose that connects to the power steering can just be pushed down and its should fit right through. Its kinda a B*Tch but its okay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts