Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been a member here for a few months while i was waiting for my IS. well now it's official.....i'm a cardcarrying-IS-driving member!

just picked up my millenium silver IS last night and wanted to tell you all (as if you didn't know) that this car rules!!! coming from a front drive car, the IS is amazing. not to mention everybody looking at you when you drive by.

on another note, i saw something pretty funny over the weekend. yellow IS totally tricked out. spolier, chromed wheels, blacked windows, and body kit....parked at a shopping mall. the car looked pretty cool...but the funny part was the handicapped parking permit on the windshield! as i left the mall i saw an older gentleman (around 60 or 65) get into it and drive away. pretty cool i thought.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congratulations man
..I remeber the day i got mine it was raining..But that still didn't dampen my spirits
18,000 miles and still loving it....

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Originally posted by Spectra1:
Congratulations man
..I remeber the day i got mine it was raining..But that still didn't dampen my spirits
18,000 miles and still loving it....
hey I got mine on a rainy day as well! but this is what they mean by "sunshine on a rainy day!"

haha i nearly cried when i saw the drops of rain on my car.. wanted to lie on top of it to stop it from getting wet.
But those were the days when there weren't that many IS around (1999 Australia) and mine was the fully kitted option with original Altezza sticker on the bodykit... triked many ppl
but the stickers gone now.. coz looked to ricey.... ripped it off in january this year...

oh yeah congrats on the silver! I wanted silver but thought everyone would get that colour, so went for the Grey.... but everyone got Grey here and no silver....

-------------------------------------- www.geocities.com/trd328

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
Congrats, i should be joining u in about 2 weeks, Im not getting the best price but oh well im young and it wont hurt!!!

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by merlin3008:
...on another note, i saw something pretty funny over the weekend. yellow IS totally tricked out. ...the car looked pretty cool...but the funny part was the handicapped parking permit on the windshield! ...i saw an older gentleman (around 60 or 65) get into it and drive away. pretty cool i thought.
Yeah, I think I know that look you gave him. I took my Grama out for lunch and used the handicapped tag, which I keep for her in my glove compartment. As I led her out the restaurant door I was aware of a couple of guys eyeing the car. Wonder what they were saying to one another as the IS beeped and I opened the car door for Grama! (TWO old ladies!...Grama is 87 and I'm 42.)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Congrads! It's been 2 weeks and 3 days since I recieved my brand new IS300 .. I now have 361 miles on it .. you'll shi-t your pants each time your miles go up .. but the car is great! .. The rims are a little dusty .. I'll give them a clean water whipe down and put some turtle wax on the tires and it will look as if it was just washed!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Welcome.

That feeling of satisfaction in ownership will not fade away no matter how much time goes by or how many miles you put on the car.

01 IJM w/LSD (no longer stock)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
10 Participants
Lexus_IS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing