Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After i had my car detailed back in july to get all the swirls and scratchs taking out of it I ended up being lazy and didnt keep up on the waxing. Well I left the cover off the car for a week and some birds sh*t on it 2 times. I washed the car yesturday and now there is 2 dark spots left where the birds craped on the car.

Will a clay bar get the stains out?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
it will help, but more than likely you will havt to wet sand it with some 1500, same thing happened to me a while back

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
woah before going that extreme, wash, clay and then try meguiars scratch x. i believe target has em on clearance so you can save a few bucks if you find it there. just read the directions and remember, a little elbow grease and a few applications.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Bird crap sucks...there's a lot of acid it in. I had that happen once (i only let it sit for 2 days before washing) and it left a mark. Luckily, wax, clay and detail did the job. Goodluck!

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
JKSlexus said:
it will help, but more than likely you will havt to wet sand it with some 1500, same thing happened to me a while back

I wouldnt wet sand factory paint, the clear coat is way to thin. You could possibly give it too much stroke and burn through the clear. 1500 is way too course also.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well from what i have learned on here is that Black Onyx doesnt have a clear coat.

I have the Shining Monkey kit that has polish glaze and wax the only think im short is a clay bar. Auto Zone has 2 kinds but there kits that have a spray to one was $10 the other was $15. What other place carries a clay bar (just the bar)?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
they have clear coat in them but it just isnt a 2 stage process thing. What was it again...black..yellow..red has clear mixed wid the paint or something like that.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Mother's has a clay kit that works awesome. You may wanna try that.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
hidinginthelight said:
Some IS's were made without clear coat? :wtf:
it has been argued, black onyx did come with clear coats.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
AltezzaBob said:
it has been argued, black onyx did come with clear coats.
It has been argued.
And black onyx did not.
It is a 1 stage along with SY, and AR.
You can very clearly see that it does not.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Split2nd said:
Mother's has a clay kit that works awesome. You may wanna try that.
I think that was the $15 kit i figured i could pick up a detailing clay bar somwhere for alot cheaper then that

·
Registered
451 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
It has been argued.
And black onyx did not.
Thanks for info--do you know why Lexus made these colors 1 stage?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hidinginthelight said:
They were being cheap. Also those colors dont have pearls in them.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
It has been argued.
And black onyx did not.
lol...how come nobody believes me when I post...but when you repeat...everybody says ur right.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
hidinginthelight said:
There is no metallic.
Also no pearl...but more fundamentally, no metallic.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
de and malek are right

also claybar will not take bird crap etching out of your paint. the "stain" you see is actually a spot that the bird crap has eaten away at your paint. you need to get a scratch remover like doncorleone recommended and buff away.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Eminence said:
I wouldnt wet sand factory paint, the clear coat is way to thin. You could possibly give it too much stroke and burn through the clear. 1500 is way too course also.
i meant to take it to a professional for this, unless he has had experience, i hit mine with 1500 and came right out and looks fine, so no troubles here

1 - 20 of 32 Posts