Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1625 Posts

·
23,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a bunch of spotted threads and b/c i'm no newbie i tried to find one that was official but they all looked like BS so here's the official one!

Spotted 1/21/06 @ 11am
Silver new-IS (saw you from the front wasn't sure if it was 250 or 350)
Turning Left off of 28S onto Sterling Blvd.

I gave the thumbs up and he waved back. It's been a while since someone actually responded when I waved.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I gave the thumbs up and he waved back. It's been a while since someone actually responded when I waved.
I always flash my lights at the people I spot, but they just keep driving... Im not going to kill you! I just wana say hey! :)

Spotted:

IS300 @ the Roy Roggers in Kingstown. 30day tag, GGP, looked just like mine. (Jan 20th)

IS300 going down the ffx parkway (near springfield), looked just like yours acumen, had a hokie tag and all, but it was just a regular tag not vanity. Black, tan inside. Little bit of a tint. (Jan 18th)

spotted a black IS at pohanka. u were parked right behind me after picking up. asian dude. gave me a thumbs up and i waved back. u on here?
That guy seems to hang around there. Did he have a tatoo? I've seen him before at that dealership when I was looking for cars. I think he knows the technicans or somthing.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
ISpimpin said:
I always flash my lights at the people I spot, but they just keep driving... Im not going to kill you! I just wana say hey! :)

Spotted:

IS300 @ the Roy Roggers in Kingstown. 30day tag, GGP, looked just like mine. (Jan 20th)

IS300 going down the ffx parkway (near springfield), looked just like yours acumen, had a hokie tag and all, but it was just a regular tag not vanity. Black, tan inside. Little bit of a tint. (Jan 18th)

That guy seems to hang around there. Did he have a tatoo? I've seen him before at that dealership when I was looking for cars. I think he knows the technicans or somthing.
He was a young fella, looks like around 18-21 age group. looks like he was with his mom or something. had blackhousing headlights and fogs.
I know service and parts guy.
need parts. i'll hook u up haha

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Thats about the age of the guy I saw. :bigSmile: Didnt look like the kind of guy that would be seen with his mom though...
:confused:
I need the back seatbelt holder thing. The little O like thing that the seat belt goes through. Mines broke :( :lol:

·
Registered
764 Posts
nless_dream said:
spotted a black IS at pohanka. u were parked right behind me after picking up. asian dude. gave me a thumbs up and i waved back. u on here?

haha yea that was me! i ate dinner with my mom at that korean bbq buffet place right next to Pohanka. Then we went to Pohanka to change my oil.

ISpimpin: Are you the black IS around here with a L-sportline kit on stock wheels and a 01' lookin spoiler? But when i saw it...a woman with blonde hair was drivin...around the age of 23-26.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Bert_of_Rob said:
haha yea that was me! i ate dinner with my mom at that korean bbq buffet place right next to Pohanka. Then we went to Pohanka to change my oil.

ISpimpin: Are you the black IS around here with a L-sportline kit on stock wheels and a 01' lookin spoiler? But when i saw it...a woman with blonde hair was drivin...around the age of 23-26.
I can probly get you oil change for $50, Synthetic at pohanka.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I wish, im the GGP 01' all stock. Soon to have a nice system, but thats about it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If just one good thing could come from my ordeal over the last 6 months it is that others may learn from my pain.

Do NOT ever take your car anywhere near Pohanka for service. Even driving within 50 feet of Pohanka's Service Center could mangle your cams or snap your timing belt. I fear that even an oil change from them would result in a disconnected transaxle or my gas tank full of brake fluid. Those guys are CrAzY!!! With the way they "work" on cars, I think they seriously eat their own shit and bark at the moon!

Stay away!

-NielsBohring

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I spotted a dk green IS on Owings Mills Blvd in MD a couple of days ago at approx 4pm...flew past me like I was in reverse - lol. It had gold rims, body kit, exh. You gave me the nod, so good deal.

BTW, that is by far the *LOUDEST* IS I have ever heard!!! Were you running an open-downpipe or something!?!?!?

·
23,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IZZY RICH said:
I spotted a dk green IS on Owings Mills Blvd in MD a couple of days ago at approx 4pm...flew past me like I was in reverse - lol. It had gold rims, body kit, exh. You gave me the nod, so good deal.

BTW, that is by far the *LOUDEST* IS I have ever heard!!! Were you running an open-downpipe or something!?!?!?
Sounds like Redline's car but he doesn't have gold rims or kit last time I checked. I just know his car i loud.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
yeah screw pohanka, I've had nothing but problems with them. Anyone know anybody at the lexus in alexandria (Lindsey)? I need an oil change, and my sparkplugs changed (it's too damn cold, and i'm too damn lazy).

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
I saw a nice blue is300 parked at the intersection of rt.29 and pickett (across from ihop). Dropped, kit, rims, etc. Looks good!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Seven0Three said:
yeah screw pohanka, I've had nothing but problems with them. Anyone know anybody at the lexus in alexandria (Lindsey)? I need an oil change, and my sparkplugs changed (it's too damn cold, and i'm too damn lazy).
yeah same here. i need sparkplug changed as well. freakin weather keeps playing wit u. one day its 32 degrees, next day be like 60. WTF? :suspiciou

1 - 20 of 1625 Posts