Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Valencia, California.

1 week old Black onyx '04SportX . . :bigSmile: Yeehaw :bigSmile: . . 325 miles and counting...

I saw a sliver one the other day at the LA County fair.

I remember one other one in Valencia a while back but cant remember the color.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alexandria, VA

Two week old Bluestone Metallic '05 with LSD. It took months to get here, but what a sweet car to drive. Nobody knows what it is, which makes it fun too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Orange County, CA

Just purchased '04 (3,400 miles) GGP for my wife and she loves it. What tires are you guys putting on the fronts when the originals are used up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
SF Bay Area (Peninsula)

Two week old '02 Black Onyx with 34K miles, auto, nav, htd leather seats, the works....stock...lovin' it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just became a member in the Atlanta area today...kind of. Placed an order for an '05 Millennium Silver SportX today. I have yet to see one of these cars on the road.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Silver_05 said:
Just became a member in the Atlanta area today...kind of. Placed an order for an '05 Millennium Silver SportX today. I have yet to see one of these cars on the road.
Welcome to this great forum. On here you wiil find so much information to help you along the way. Silver is a great color.

·
Registered
679 Posts
SportX Owner in Oxon Hill Maryland

Only seen one other in Prince Georges County only two other sightings in Fairfax county. Indeed a rare car, even with all the vehicles on the road in the DC area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Newport Beach, CA - I bought the SportCross due to its rarity, and it was a great alternative to all the bimmers I see here in OC.

Bought a Blue '02 SportX with 31k miles on it at Tustin Mitsubishi. I liked the dealership up until the point where the finance guy tried to yo-yo financing. I got that straightened out with my bank, though. Then I found out the car's airbag was removed... but, so far they are making it right. We'll see.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Plantation, FL. - I just bought a 2002 - Charcoal Grey. I have seen a few rolling around down here, but not many. It is all stock, and most likely will keep it that way, but:

1) Where is the best place for aftermarket parts?

2) Besides measuring are there any outward markings to differentiate the 17 X 7 vs 17 X 7.5 rims? I want to make sure the PO didn't mix them up thinking they were the same size.

3) If I were ever to need a replacement graphite rim, where should I look, one is banged up a little. My wife can't tell, but you know how it is when your not quite happy with it, and you have to do something about it.

4) Besides reading the manual, what exactly does the "Power" Button do? Just extend the RPMs before the transmission shifts?

·
2,412 Posts
Squareback said:
1) Where is the best place for aftermarket parts?
There are many many places to get aftermarket parts for the IS. If you want to save a few bucks check out the Member Sale/Trade forum.

Squareback said:
2) Besides measuring are there any outward markings to differentiate the 17 X 7 vs 17 X 7.5 rims? I want to make sure the PO didn't mix them up thinking they were the same size.
Look on the back of the rim or under the center cap (forget which) and you'll find the measurement stamped in the metal.

Squareback said:
3) If I were ever to need a replacement graphite rim, where should I look, one is banged up a little. My wife can't tell, but you know how it is when your not quite happy with it, and you have to do something about it.
I've seen stock wheel for sale here on my.IS and on ebay.

Squareback said:
4) Besides reading the manual, what exactly does the "Power" Button do? Just extend the RPMs before the transmission shifts?
Pretty much just changes the shift points and makes you get worse mpg. I never use mine.

WELCOME to my.IS :)

61 - 80 of 447 Posts