Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its Official now.. !!

This today (11/3) inside the Lexus venue @ SEMA 2009 - Las Vegas..
We will be debuting the 2010 Lexus IS350 C built by VIP Auto Salon, Inc.

Congratulations to Clark Ishihara owner of VIP Auto Salon, Inc.

One of the shortest build times for this project I have ever seen, yet executed perfectly in my honest opinion.

Being personally involved in portions of this SEMA build, was truly an Exciting Experience for me as well..!!! :woohoo:

Offical Mod list in post#2

Best Regards,

Joe Z :bigSmile:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Offical Build / Modifications Sheet

Lexus Media Description

While many custom-car builders prefer extreme designs, VIP Auto Salon and Jtuned.com took a more subtle approach with their IS 350 C. Requiring approximately $15,000 and about one and one-half months of hard labor, the Matador Red IS C features a carbon-fiber hood, carbon-fiber trunk spoiler, a high-performance exhaust system, and custom tires and wheels..

Highlights

• Joe Z Intake Pipe

• Performance Tube Systems Joe Z series True Dual Header back exhaust system w/ Titanium Tips

• TOM'S drop in Air Filter, Linear Throttle System and Fuel Map Controller

• 20" Work Gnosis GS3 MDB finish with Hankook Tires Ventus V12

• Down Force, Inc. Carbon fiber lip kit, Eye lines and Trunk spoiler

• Seibon carbon fiber hood, matte black emblems, grille and mirror trim

• Black leather accents supplied by Katzkin with stitching by Coach Auto Style

Expect more "Live Coverage" from SEMA and the Lexus venue from a few of our Club Lexus & my.IS Members.. :approve::approve:

Regards,

Joe Z :cool:

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
Joe,

i was looking out for you at the show but didn't see you. I was impressed with the car, glad to see the engine pictures, none of the hoods were popped at sema.

Congrats vip and JoeZ, exhaust looked great from what I could see.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ Thanks.. it was a busy week..... :bigSmile:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some more pics taken at the Lexus venue @ SEMA..

The Rear Trunk spoiler made it onto the car just as it arrived in Las Vegas.!! :bigSmile:

Enjoy

Joe Z :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Joe- When they did the paint, do you know if the "flat" effect was from the clear coat?
i know the description says flat clear- assuming the base color is of a normal shiny sheen and the clear is flat... is this the case?

kd

·
Registered
27 Posts
Joe- When they did the paint, do you know if the "flat" effect was from the clear coat?
i know the description says flat clear- assuming the base color is of a normal shiny sheen and the clear is flat... is this the case?

kd
I actually helped with the paint on the car from BASF. The car was stock Red in color. You sand down the paint with 600, then you paint 2 coats of Red on top of it. Then, you apply 2 coats of BASF Ultra Flat Clear on top for that "matte" look. That is who it is done so you can do any color in flat if you want. The gloss level of factory clear or any in that matter is 100 percent. BASF Ultra Flat Clear is 50 percent so that is why it is dull to achieve the look. You still have 7 years worth of UV protection, and quality in the paint job at least. Did a Flat Blue STI on the COVER of Super Street in 2004 and the paint job is perfect, no issues. More info on this product can be found at http://www.carizzmacolors.com

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually helped with the paint on the car from BASF.
Lexus painted the car Matador Red Mica, our painter refinished the clear with the BASF DC5775 Ultra Flat Clear Coat...

I never saw you in our paint booth... LoL :lol:

Would be kinda hard from 3,000 miles away.

Joe Z

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

kd
Lexus painted the car Matador Red Mica, our painter refinished the clear with the BASF DC5775 Ultra Flat Clear Coat...

Its a pretty neat process when your actually involved during the re-finish.

Joe Z :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
$15,000 in the car? It must decimate all then.

But seriously, that thing is drop dead gorgeous. For only $15,000 put in that car that is some high quality work.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In case some of you missed it, this build was at the SF Auto Show last week....

Also, spotted earlier in November at CA Speedway for an LFA event..

Enjoy,

Joe Z :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sickness Joe Z. my favorite vert of them all! good job. Got any info on lip kits/wings/diffusers? availability?

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sickness Joe Z. my favorite vert of them all! good job. Got any info on lip kits/wings/diffusers? availability?
+1 please. My car is crying out for a trunk spoiler ;)

Thanks Guys!!!

I will try to get an update for the CF body kit parts....

I know the C is still with Lexus Corporate, getting brought to some major local / public events.. :cool:

Joe Z

1 - 20 of 34 Posts