Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are many websites across the net that sell parts for our vehicles, and I'm sure there have been good and bad experiences with many of them. For the benefit of others on the site (everyone would like their online purchases to go smoothly), please explain good and bad experiences with your online shopping for your IS. Both the good and the bad are appreciated but don't let it devolve into needless bashing.

If you can, keep it to some form like this

When: about when you made your purchase, just for sake of if it was recently or its been a while
Your experiences: what was good, what was bad, was the item shipped fast, good communication, etc.
Purchased: what was it that you purchased?

Don't feel that it is necessary to limit this to go fast stuff items, include anything for your IS300, brakes, suspension, go fast parts, even inside and out stuff.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Website: Lexus Parts from Lextasy.com #1 in Customer Service and Quality - Lexus Auto Parts
When: Dec 07
Your experiences: Shipping was slow and pricey. Strut bar did not fit: had to unbolt the relay box in order to bolt the bar down even though the part where it gets bolted on was cut in an angle to fit alongside it (could not refasten 2 of the bolts on the replay box once the bar was in place). There were also 2 other electronic items (don't ask me what they were, I hate electronics!) that had to be repositioned to make room for this strut bar. Once bolted down, it *did* clear the engine cover, but pushed down on my intake... I have been tried to contact them via email/their website for @ a month now regarding returning/exchanging the bar but they have not gotten back to me.
Purchased: Cross-drilled slotted rotors, front tower strut bar, shift knob

Website: NGK IRIDIUM IX | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs | NGK Spark Plugs | NGK Spark Plug Wires | NGK NTK Oxygen Sensors
When: Feb 08
Your experiences: Best prices I could find, with reasonable shipping fees and quick shipping
Purchased: NGK Iridium IX plugs and wires

Website: Performance Car Parts, Custom Auto Accessories, Exhaust Systems, Cold Air Intakes & Clutch Kits
When: Jun 08
Your experiences: The absolute LOWEST price I found anywhere for my HKS exhaust ($300) with FREE shipping! The exhaust arrived in an unprecedented two days (with free shipping!!!!) Amazing!!
Purchased: HKS Dragger Exhaust

Website: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices (carbeyondstore)
When: Mar 08
Your experiences: Prices were very reasonable, shipping prices were good and item was shipped upon receipt of payment.
Purchased: Front and rear clear side markers

·
Exclusive Agent
3,582 Posts
Who: It's a place called "Just IS300 Parts" Its an eBay vendor. But does very good business. The screen name is "gotocarmarket" He has 99.9% Positive feedback.

Website:eBay Store - is300 parts: is 300 parts, just is300, just is 300

When: 4/8/2008.

Experience: Very easy to deal with. Excellent source for any IS300 parts. I ordered a center console with shift boot. He had it listed for $100 O.B.O. I offered $80. He accepted right away. I paid right away and he shipped and arrived in 2 days. Would definitly reccomend and will visit his site in the future for any needed IS300 related parts.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good thread for people looking for quality service and parts... +rep!!

When: May 16, 2008

Experience: Ordered HKS Dragger II on the 16th of May and I received it on the 20th. Speedy shipping! One of the cheapest websites for the HKS Dragger II ($335 shipped). Tons of items that have free shipping.

·
Registered
694 Posts
The place - Hop Up Racing - 350z, wrx, sti, 240sx, evo, scion tc, s2000, cold air intakes, springs, coilovers, exhausts, headers

When - Twice this year

Items - Rotora slotted F/R, Blitz panel filter, Axxis pads F/R, JIC F. Strut Bar, Tanabe R. Strut Bar, Tanabe F/R underbraces

Quality - Amazing, I tried to order Project Mu brake rotors and EBC redstuff pads but they were out both; so they pointed me towards the Rotora rotors and pads at a discounted price. Sucked they didn't have the items but they made up for it. The filter came super fast and everything else came in about 5 days. I live in ohio so that was a great thing. I really like these guys.

--------------------

Place - OptionImports.com - exhaust system | aem intake | tein springs | tein coilover | injen intake | greddy turbo | spec clutch | hid kit | turbo timer

When - Two years ago

Items - Apexi exhaust

quality - It was horrible. I tried twice to order an apexi n1 exhaust. The first time they didn't have it, they then tried to sell me the HKS hiper stating that it was a full cat-back. I asked twice if it was and both times they told me it was a full cat-back. They told me it would be shipped out at the end of the week and when that time came, it was another week. I Cancelled.

The next time was a few months later and i tried again. This time they never told me it was out of stock and i waited a about 10 days, nothing showed up...so then i called and was told it was on backorder for a month. I cancelled again.

-----------------

Place - NOPI ONLINE

When - 6 months ago

Items - HP racing header+y-pipe

Quality - I talked to them on the phone, the guy was great and it was shipped out the same day(i called around 5:30pm). Took about 3 days to get here. Great place too, they actually stock stuff.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Titan Motorsports:

Bought ARP head studs, and a clevite engine bearing package from them about a week and a half ago. They sent me everything but the main bearings.

So far they have not replied to any of my emails.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Another SUPERB order from Hopupracing.com

Ordered my Megan race pipe on the 23rd of June and received it on the 26th...$135 with free shipping.

I might become a frequent flyer with this company!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

·
23,115 Posts
NOPI MOTORSPORTS

NOPI

Got Hotchkis Springs

It was a while ago

Don't remember the details but they arrived and the order was correct.

----------------------------------------------------------------

STILLEN : Precision Performance Components for Your Car or Truck

Stillen

Got an HKS Dragger II Exhaust

Fairly Recently

Package was in good shape and arrived promptly considering they're based in Cali and I'm on the east coast.

·
Registered
186 Posts
SportCompactOnly.com

I just wanted to warn anyone looking at making future purchases from sportcompactonly.com or Motorweb.

I ordered 4 Rotora rotors from them in May, was never told they were on back order until I called 1 month later. During that call I was told it'd be another 4 weeks, so I cancelled my order. They told me I would receive credit to my bank card in 10 business days.

As of today I still haven't gotten my money back, when I call I'm on hold for 30 mins then sent to a voicemail. I have never received a call back from them. Of course I need to dispute this now through my bank, but imagine if I purchased on a Credit Card accumulating interest.

I guess you can't even trust ads in Superstreet haha.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Where: Ultrarev.com

What: Clutchmasters Stage 1 Clutch & Fidanza FW

Review: They were great to deal with. I e-mailed them to get tracking numbers on my items and they got them to me with no hassle. I placed my order on 07/15/08. I got my clutch on 07/18/08. Looks like it came from Clutchmasters warehouse instead of ultrarev. My flywheel came on 07/23/08 and ultrarev shipped this one to me. Shipping time was great. I had no problems with it. They also had the lowest prices after searching around and if you enter in "sale" as the promo code you get an extra 5% off. I'll definately buy from them again if I need anything.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Where: Kinway Motorsports

What: TRD Shift Knob

Quality: HORRIBLE!!

Ordered a TRD shift knob from these guys mid-May and still haven't received it. Sent numerous emails to the company with no replies back. I would suggest not buying from these guys. Has anyone ordered or recieved anything from these guys recently? I heard they used to be a reputable company but not anything recent.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Where- Carson Toyota
What- JDM double din face
Quality- great- good price, quick shipping, no complaints.

also- Autolumination for my interior LED's... 3 days from door to door, and less than 25.00 for everything

·
Banned
12,268 Posts
Hopupracing.com

Megan Y pipe

Ordered Monday 9/29, received a confirmation email almost instantly, next morning received an update with the tracking number. Target delivery date was Saturday 10/4. It was actually delivered a day early, nicely packaged including the gasket, bolts and even 2 stickers which I will wear on my forehead. Keep in mind I'm on the east coast and they are in CA.

Satisfied? Very.

·
Registered
602 Posts

·
Banned
12,268 Posts
Tirerack.com

Product: errrr...tires

3rd time purchasing from them and every time it only takes a few days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
website: Pro Street Online - #1 OEM and Aftermarket Parts Superstore!
when: june 08
expierience: HORRIBLE!!!
I will never recomend anyone to buy from prostreet. in june 08 i ordered megan racing headers and a Greddy cat back. i was told both items will be shipped out next day. i paid for the parts. next day got no tracking number. a week went by still nothing. i call in. the 1800 number dosnt work in canada so i have 2 call long distance. i call. im on hold for 45 mins. finally someone picks up and tells me that the headers are in but the exhaust is in another warehouse and will have 2 be transfered before shiped. i said ok. another week goes by and still no calls or emails. i call back. same situation, i was onl hold for 20 mins. i get through they tell me that their still waiting for the exhaust. 2 more weeks go by. now its been a month, no phone call. no email. i call in long distance again. they said the exhaust is in and their gonna ship out everything tomorrow and i will be called and emailed a tracking number. another week goes by no call or email. i call in to cancel order. they said UPS was closed so they soulcnt ship. also since it was transfered from the other wearhouse that i had to pay a restocking fee. i decided not to and just wait to have it shiped. a month goes by and i finally recieve my package. keep in mind i still have no tracking number. i get the package and theres only an exhaust and no headers. i call in. they told me that the headers were sold as i was waiting for the exhaust to get transfered. they said they would wave the restock charge and refund me for the headers. i waited 2 months. no refund. i call in. no answer. finally get through and get put on hold than hung up on. i gave up for a few months. i finally call back and tell them 2 send me my parts or my money or i will contact my lawyer. they said ok no problem. u have to pay an extra 49 dollars because the price went up on the headers. i told them that wasnt gonna happen that they send the headers right away and not charge me extra. they finally agreed. waited a week. no tracking number. call in and ask and they give me the tracking number from last june. i call back and they say they dont have the new one yet but its been shipped. i was told id get a call back but did not again. few days pass and i get a notice from fedex that my package has arived. i had to pay brokerage fees again. so it took me 10 months, 200 dollars in long distance charges and 100 in brokerage fees just to get my headers. they would not refund my and money. pay for my long distance charges or discount my parts. i will never. ever ever again buy from pro street online or send anyone to their site.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
25 Participants
tbkallday
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing