• Write-in

Votes: 17 9.6%

• Total voters
9601 - 9620 of 9648 Posts

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
True Bart. :)

Cuba is a communist country. But the U.S. does trade and provides economic assistance to other communist countries such as China and North Korea.

I believe the U.S. would benefit greatly if they lifted the economic embargo on Cuba, establish diplomatic relations, and begin investment and economic relations with the communist island.

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
Libyan Leader Declares Nation Islamic, Sharia Law to be Implemented

Libya's new leader declared his country's liberation Sunday and set out plans for the future with an Islamist tone. In a televised address, transitional leader Mustafa Abdul-Jalil declared his nation will adopt Sharia law as the basis of government, and immediately announced the canceling of all bank loans in violation of such law. The announcement may prove a serious setback for the Obama administration, which had promised support for a post-Gadhafi democratic Libya.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gaddafi-sharia-islamic-law/2011/10/23/id/415429?s=al&promo_code=D502-1

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
Obama Wants to Inject U.S. Children with Anthrax

The Obama administration is considering injecting American children with an anthrax vaccine in an unprecedented scientific experiment that bioethicists say will unnecessarily endanger the youngsters’ lives and health. The National Biodefense Safety Board (NBSB), will vote todayabout whether the pediatric vaccinations should go forward. A smaller working group comprised of a whopping eight members endorsed the vaccinations in September.

Since 1998, more than a million people have been vaccinated, mostly servicemen stationed overseas. The vaccinations were temporarily halted by court order but continue today.

Following the 2001 Anthrax infections on Capitol Hill, which resulted in 18 infections and five deaths, then-Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, who is also a physician, said:

There are very real and potentially serious side effects from the vaccine and anyone who elects to receive the vaccine needs to be made aware of that. I do not recommend widespread inoculation for people with the vaccine in the Hart Building. There are too many side effects and if there is limited chance of exposure the side effects would far outweigh any potential advantage.

Bioethicist Art Caplan of the University of Pennsylvania said he is opposed to testing. “We may get, sadly, to that point some day,” he said, “but I don’t think we’re there yet.” Dr. Joel Frader of Northwestern University agreed, “It would be difficult to justify testing it on kids simply on the hypothetical possibility that there might be an attack.” Dr. Meryl Nass was more outspoken. “With this, you’re putting children at risk for no clear scientific or medical benefit,” she said.
Obama Wants to Inject U.S. Children with Anthrax – Patriot Update

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
I thought this would be the best thread to put this in.

My friend told me that his friend plans to cultivate marajuana in Rhode Island (legal business).
I told my friend if he has been smoking too much of that grass. lol

Anyone heard of this?

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I thought this would be the best thread to put this in.

My friend told me that his friend plans to cultivate marajuana in Rhode Island (legal business).
I told my friend if he has been smoking too much of that grass. lol

Anyone heard of this?
RI is a medical marijuana state. He has to become a registered caregiver and must also have a qualified attorney working for him. He would also have to become a member of the collective/co-op and hold the paperwork for each of the patients. A lot of people that I've read about that think they go into with the intent of making a huge profit ends up turning up little or none.

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
RI is a medical marijuana state. He has to become a registered caregiver and must also have a qualified attorney working for him. He would also have to become a member of the collective/co-op and hold the paperwork for each of the patients. A lot of people that I've read about that think they go into with the intent of making a huge profit ends up turning up little or none.

Thank you for your feedback. :bigSmile:

I thought it was too good to be true.

BTW, this country should make it legal. lol

9601 - 9620 of 9648 Posts
About this Discussion
9.6K Replies
145 Participants
jupiterfish
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing