Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Unless you want an SRI just to have one, get a joeZ and keep your k&n. People have even made their own JoeZ style intake with parts off ebay. I doubt you'd be able to "feel" a noticeable difference between the JoeZ and SRT...at least I couldn't. But...my SRT "sounds" really fast and looks nice when I pop the hood :lol:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Unless you want an SRI just to have one, get a joeZ and keep your k&n. People have even made their own JpeZ style intake with parts off ebay. I doubt you'd be able to "feel" a noticeable difference between the JoeZ and SRT...at least I couldn't. But...my SRT "sounds" really fast and looks nice when I pop the hood :lol:

haha the SRT sounds badasss i heard its not legal here in CA

·
Registered
14,829 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
SRIs are ok. I like to think of my as some engine bay bling. AEM polished short ram with HKS metal flow. Gains are minimal. More for looks and sound, sad to say. But mine is legitimately CARB legal. Unlike others who just put AEM or K&N CARB EO stickers on their SRT. *cough* ray *cough* lol

Joe Z is a good way to go if you want the best bang for your buck and dont care about being flashy.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Save yourself the trouble and some cash and get the Joe Z. Looks relatively stock so people inspecting for instance for smog, would assume it's stock. I've had mine for almost 7 years and haven't had any issues since.

Unless you're concerned with looks and even more so, with sound, then go K&N, Injen, etc.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Joe-z: best bang for the buck
Injen, AEM, etc.: if you wanna look and sound good
SRT: Overkill (IMO though)

·
Registered
14,829 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Installed the OBX intake and put 200 miles on it so far decent intake for only $55. gives the car a nice tone when you step on it (i do have a different exause tip) very easy to install came with everything need.

·
Registered
849 Posts
thx again! i finally know what it means by the short ram intakes, how much better is the short rams compared to the drop ins?

thx! I have a feelin im probably gonna get the short ram
I'd say little to none. Not anything noticeable atleast.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I woulf say more like not cost effective.
That's actually what I meant by overkill lol. Awesome intake just stupid expensive. If it went for under 200 a pop, im pretty sure everyone will picked one up with a quickness.

·
Registered
202 Posts
they all give some kind of hp increase but you can barely feel the difference. i wouldnt just get some ebay intake though, id feel safer with a name-brand haha.

·
Registered
275 Posts
they all give some kind of hp increase but you can barely feel the difference. i wouldnt just get some ebay intake though, id feel safer with a name-brand haha.
yea I agree lol, i wouldnt be satisfied rolling with a cheap part. having the short ram looks badass tho

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
^ Word. I'd say go with the FIPK2, they're so dirt cheap new now on eBay. I've been looking for one lately and found them for about 230 shipped from eBay. Great deal in my opinion, unless you want the polished look of the Injen.

61 - 80 of 244 Posts