Lexus IS Forum banner

241 - 244 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Another Modified Factory Airbox Post

Just figured I'd post some pics of my modified factory airbox for reference sake. I know that this has been done before (many times), but I wanted to come up w/a clean/stealthy way that I hadn't really seen done before here...unless I missed it? I simply used a 3 1/2" hole saw to cut a hole through the bottom of a spare factory airbox, and then cut through the inner fender area directly below as well. I then ran some 3" flexible air duct hose to an old brake duct (that I had laying around), and bolted it up directly next to the foglight opening. Voila, fresh air ducted into the factory sealed airbox...best of both worlds IMO! I paired this up w/an HPS silicone intake pipe and lightly ported TB opening and upper intake. Car pulls noticeably harder in the mid-range and upper rpms.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "taba, post: 6506173, membre: 108240"]
Avez-vous des idées pour coller dans le passage de roue, pour ceux qui souhaitent percer un trou sous l'emplacement de la boîte d'origine?
J'ai lu quelque chose sur la maximisation de la longueur de la consommation pour rendre le pouvoir completement rachat jusqu'à 6k + rpm
Juste à y penser ;)
[/CITATION]
Bonjour à tous, avez-vous eu la réponse que vous vouliez? Cependant, je suis une petite question à vous demander si c'est possible bien sûr. Merci pour ton retour  Force à nous. Cordialement

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am sure you saw this.
https://www.my.is/forums/f88/aem-intake-is300-424240/ [url=http://www.rachat-de-credit-simulation.com/rachat-de-credit] Rachat de crédit et trésorerie
Really it is up a bit in power. But not a great deal. It also changes the response a bit. Torque and horsepower curve. The old SRT does gain a bit more. But they are gone. I will say I am working on some things. I can do some custom meters and other things. That is all I will say right now.
Hello everyone yes I saw this and I find it important, but I would like to know more if it's possible thank you for your feedback

241 - 244 of 244 Posts
About this Discussion
243 Replies
105 Participants
01 SolarYellow
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing