Lexus IS Forum banner

201 - 220 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can get an aem short ram for $175 free shipping. I'm not as concerned with appearance as I am a better sound and performance. I had planned to go with the JoeZ and drop in because or its price, but with this deal it makes the aem more attractive. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
AEM is not the best option....
Piggy back or standalone for small bolt on NA is300 is a waste of money.

·
Registered
38 Posts
How does the HPS compare to the Joe Z intake? Being on top of the exhaust I imagine it adds to the temperate of the air and makes it less dense.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey all! It's been a while since I've been on here. The SRT intake I bought a while back has been treating me very well but sadly California does not feel that way about it. I have been constantly turned down from all my SMOG checks even with my little AEM CARB legal sticker on it. Appearantly because I dont have the last two numbers they cant enter it.

DOES ANYONE HAVE PICS OF AN AEM INTAKE INSTALLED ON THEIR CAR? I need to send some pics into AEM and then they will send me a carb legal sticker. I would be really grateful. I'm pretty desperate because I don't want to unsoder my wires containing my ECU...

1st Gen Is300

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've read pretty much all of the intake threads regarding SRT.....a lot of people are saying they feel like they lose low end power....like the low end power is being transferred to the high end

Any thoughts on this? I'd like a little more pep, but not at the expense of low end power

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm running full N/A Setup right now, trust me, you will not feel anything different with an intake. You will not be faster, hardly any more responsive, and the sound to be honest doesn't send chilly thrills down your spine like most will expect... Please guys, we have an incomplete version of one of the best engines ever made!! Stop screwing around, save you money, and complete the equation with boost!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have an AEM on the IS300 I just bought couple weeks ago. Need to change filter but other then that I don't think it makes a difference. Don't have stock to compare cause the car didn't came with it. Probably a bit louder but does it increase fuel consumption? Can't tell

·
Registered
889 Posts
Have an AEM on the IS300 I just bought couple weeks ago. Need to change filter but other then that I don't think it makes a difference. Don't have stock to compare cause the car didn't came with it. Probably a bit louder but does it increase fuel consumption? Can't tell
AEM isn't the best intake, but it'll increase sound and maybe you'll get a bit more pep in the upper end of RPMs. At any rate, purchase or make a heat shield, otherwise you'll just be sucking in hot air from the engine bay.

On that note, I still think the OEM airbox with Joe-z style tube is the best solution for NA folks.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
All SRI are about the same AEM is def not my first choice , sheilds or filter shielding from hot engine bay heat is best .... Bottom line it's a great noise maker without supporting mods / and tune.

201 - 220 of 244 Posts
About this Discussion
243 Replies
105 Participants
01 SolarYellow
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing