Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Use the stock ir OEM gasket. I've read that the stock y-pipe is weirdly shaped where the header connects and so the stock gasket will flow with it better. That plus apply some red/copper gasket maker and you should be fine. Just make sure you tighten everything well and check the bolts every once in awhile ie. During oil changes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Soo the OEM's should be fine? Lol the guy I was talking to at Toyota the other day was giving me a hard time/telling me he doesn't think I should order it cuz it might not fit aftermarket headers. Where can I get that gasket maker from?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yeah, I think you can read about it more in depth somewhere in this thread. Should be able to get the gasket maker at your local auto shop. I also read that if you go to an exhaust shop, they can make one for you as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mazzuri headers

hey guys im a new one i have the mazzuri full system and i was wondering if i could use the headers and the y-pipe with the apexi n1 thanks

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Why not? The Mazzuri Y pipe bolts up to oem B pipe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im new I have a full mazzuri system I was worndering if I could use the headers and y~pipe could I use the apexi n1 and if not what can I put on there because is is so loud I got 2 warnings with it so I took it off but gonna put it back on but needs to be quite but sound good thanks

·
Registered
849 Posts
LOL thats a lot if "buts". You should be able to. Keep the bpipe with the resonator to help with sound a bit. Why not go with something that has a lil more restriction to reduce sound?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I can hook up my headers with my stock y pipe and put on an hks or apxi I'm pretty sure my header the end where it hooks up to the y pipe is to big is is not?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yeah. Any aftermarket header to stock y will have minor issues. People still do it and been ok. Just use the stock OEM gasket and some copper gasket maker and you should be fine. Or if you're really anal about not having leaks, weld them together. Problem solved lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
IS300 Header Problems Please Help New To the Community

I bought a famous ebay header and fit ment is great. I have read threads upon threads so sorry to ask but is there any other o2 delete besides the tokensolutions o2 delete Because its pretty spendy and for just buying car dont have much cash at moment!! please help Thanks so much

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
id just run with the light on till you get funds for the plugnplay delete it wont hurt nothin just annoying. you could try anti foulers to space the sensors out but thats hit or miss if itll work or not. which header did you go with if you dont mind me askin if i go supercharger i plan on a ebay header if i can find an sc if not itll be turbo. im thinkin of the obx with y pipe or might just gut the stock y pipe for cat looks purposes

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Spend the money on the TS o2 delete. Anti foulers can screw up your o2 sensor over time. Cheap O2 delete off ebay have been known to fried other systems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Correct fitting header. And o2 sim.

Hey guys. Just got done reading header thread. I have a 04 SD and want a header but seems alot of them have to be modded to fit. Can anyone steer me in the right direction of a properly fitted header and a sim that works. Thanks.

81 - 100 of 238 Posts