Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 238 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Those would be great here in the US it filment was spot on . those look like one off custom headers ???

·
Registered
363 Posts
they aren't custom, the silver is just a slightly modified version of the black header that someone did themselves...these where readily available for the 7m 15yrs ago and now you just have to try and find them.

EDIT: if you are talking about that crazy looking header from australia then they could be a one off im not sure

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Yes im talking about the Aussie header ....

·
Registered
12 Posts
alphawerks hearders

after reading the header post and stickys ive decided to go with the alphawerks header for my is300. seems like a good overall header for the price and what kind of numbers you can see. also has good overall sound since im still trying to quiet my car under the police radar. are there any places that still sell these headers, or are they discontinued like the Mazzuri headers. ive searched all over the internet for headers that fit the is300 and only seem to find megan racing and obx headers for sale. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well damn thats what i figured so what do people do once the headers are install as far as tuning, since removing the cats throws a code. or do people just leave the the check light on

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I hate to ask this but since there is such a VAST amount of info here , I think its easier to just get in a quick Question, i was just curious as to what are someones header options if they where to S/C their car? Im guessing only long runner headers would do no?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
You could run either (just a shift in power band), but only option for me was custom.....:)

·
Registered
363 Posts
by the way i contacted the aussie company and those headers are 1500 + shipping.... and would give a stock 2jzge 195rwhp according to them

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Shipping would be a lot ... They look cool but I'd wanna see dyno sheets...

·
Registered
849 Posts
1500 for headers?? Bezik, how much you pay for your custom headers if you don't mind me asking...

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
by the way i contacted the aussie company and those headers are 1500 + shipping.... and would give a stock 2jzge 195rwhp according to them
Is that 195rwhp on the auto or manual? If it's the manual IMO it's not all that special. Even if it's on the auto Mazzuri and TL headers probably out perform them.

They look interesting, but a little 'over-engineered' if you get my meaning.

And for the price you could probably get a couple pics of the Mazzuri or TL and have someone recreate one of those headers for you.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I got the Mazzuri headers and modified/ improved them (set up with 3 in pipe ) and custom 3 inch exhaust . But I'd weld up my own headers.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I got the Mazzuri headers and modified/ improved them (set up with 3 in pipe ) and custom 3 inch exhaust . But I'd weld up my own headers.
Oh nice, good shit bro. See that's why I want to learn how to weld. Can do my own work and save some money.

·
Registered
363 Posts
yeah after seeing that price and that hp gain, they don't seem worth is, although i have heard that the dynos they use over there show less whp then what we have

·
Registered
93 Posts
About a month ago I bought a used set of megan racing headers and have yet to install them.. Im having trouble finding gaskets for it. Anyone know of any good places to get gaskets for the bottom part of the header where it connects to the y-pipe?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Stock y-pipe. I've tried a few different places here in Orlando and no one seems to have it. Even called Megan Racing and they said its a special order and they won't have any till end of feb? Ordered OEM Toyota gaskets for the top part of the header soo just need the gaskets for the bottom/downpipe or ypipe

61 - 80 of 238 Posts