Lexus IS Forum banner

221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
They are just a well made copy... There's tons of threads on them... Good headers tho

·
Registered
367 Posts
got a quick question. i bought a header off a of a member who was goin back to stock and had a little problem while installing them. bank 2 sensor 1 oxygen sensor goes right into the firewall. before i decide to pull it off and move the bung do you guys think i can run one of these and not have an issue? do you think itll richen it out since it wont exactly be in the stream? right now i have only B2S2 hooked up. the car runs ok and yes i know i need to get B1S1 and B2S1 hooked up for the car to run correctly.

you can kinda see the difference in this pic. pic of the header.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I would either make room for the sensor or take the better route and cap that bung and have another bung welded in a better location. Any exhaust shop will have bungs and be able to do it cheap. You definitely want the primary oxygen sensors directly in the path of the exhaust flow so even if that might work(doubtful), it will not allow for an accurate reading feedback and I would recommend not using them for the precat O2's. Maybe others have used an angled spacer but I don't personally think it's a good idea verses a relocation.

·
Registered
367 Posts
alright ill probably pull them off and take it to work and weld a new bung in. does it matter which primary it is in? i noticed bank 1 is in the center and bank 2 is in the rear. could i put bank 2 in the center too?

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
The idea is to keep the two banks seperate so B1S1 will go in one of the first three pipes and bank two at the rear three exhaust pipe flanges, similar to the way it is now. Especially if you are running stock engine management that uses and watches both banks continuously.
I would just get that B2S1 bung welded near the same position that's accessible to you.
From the pic I see two bungs on bank 1 and one on bank 2, the one that stays capped and relocated. Make sense?

·
Registered
367 Posts
well theres 3 bungs on the header. 1 for bank 1 sensor 1, 1 for bank 1 sensor 2 and one for bank 2 sensor 1. im having issues with the bank 2 sensor 1 hitting the firewall.

my questions are better pointed out in this pic. (dont mind my awesome photoshopping skillz. lol)

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
under $500 id buy used good header but even then mazzuri v1 or v2 go for $500-$800 used .....or just save and go dezod header .....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I love my megan header and y-pipe. might not have the best low end grunt but with my built this header and y combo pulls strong up top!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Does anyone on here who have Mazzuri headers ever got checked for Decibels?

I have a Mazzuri V1 that I was iitially planning to sell but now that I have opted to wait at least a year before going GTE I was contemplating the idea of installing them on my car.

Problem is that I occasionnally race on closed track that have noise limitations to 92-95 Decibels

My car is already equipped with a Manzo stainless exhaust and my 3rd cat (y-pipe cat) has already been emptied.

That 3rd cat has no issue on final result with the header on cause the y-pipe will be replaced with Mazzuri y-pipe that doesn't have any cat.... But I am concerned about loosing the 2 primary cat and having the car too loud to be allowed on the track. I would def benefit from that little horsepower increase so that's why I'm asking myself if someone has that same combo and ever got checked WOT for Decibels

221 - 238 of 238 Posts
About this Discussion
237 Replies
74 Participants
scuba420
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing