Lexus IS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Figs and dezod are developing headers as we speak. Or I'd wait it out and get mazzuri , xerd , alphawerks, turboeast or toyomoto in that order then all the rest fall under those
I just did some quick searching, and from what I have found, none of these are available. I'd really prefer not to have to hunt down a used set of headers. By the way, for anyone who may care, the Suprastore.com headers are not an option, I just got an email back from them saying they are no longer available.

Seems strange to me that none of the 'good' headers for this car are still being produced. I would have guessed there was a strong enough following to support higher quality/price products. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Demand had a lot to do with it and places shutting down... If you want quality I'd wait to see what Figs and dezod comes out with !

·
Registered
849 Posts
It all depends on the company. No one can say for sure how long. Just gonna have to wait. In the meantime, you can get your post counts up to be able to see the for sale thread and see if one if the older model headers pop up for sale.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
^^^ good things take time Dezod should have something to market in a couple months, I'm one of the few lucky bastards who has a rare good header ( mazzuri v2 leak less with custom 3 in y pipe) I would never buy or recommend a cheap header if you can help it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
^^^ good things take time Dezod should have something to market in a couple months, I'm one of the few lucky bastards who has a rare good header ( mazzuri v2 leak less with custom 3 in y pipe) I would never buy or recommend a cheap header if you can help it...
I'm jealous, I have heard very good things about the mazzuri headers. Guess I will just have to hold out till something new pops up. Sad day.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm jealous, I have heard very good things about the mazzuri headers. Guess I will just have to hold out till something new pops up. Sad day.
Yeah, I love my Mazzuri's, although they are a gen1, they still kick ass. They do pop up on the sale/trade thread every once in a blue moon, but by the time you are allowed in, I'm sure Dezod and Figs' headers will be ready to go.

Just wait it out and have some patience, intstead of buying some cheap, low-quality header that you will regret buying.

Just my .02

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Yup just give the community some good post create some threads when you have 50 posts and 3 months membership you can post in marketplace.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yo I Got A Question , Is It Better To Buy Aftermarket Headers Then Buy a o2 Simulator TO Pass The Smog . OR Just go ahead and Buy Some Catalytic Convertors . Becuase ive had this problem with my is . i was just wondering what other people would suggest on doing with the headers to pass smog and still get some good hp

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
When time to take smog re install oem then after re install aftermarket ....

·
Registered
150 Posts
is there any updates on figs or dezod headers? ive came across a FS thread for mazzuri headers... and it just reminded me of the dezod header/cat combo! whast up with that!!!

im uterrly sick of my HP headers... shit just makes my car sound like a whirring vaccuum... ugly sound after i installed it. might be a leak... but i cant take care of that now.

·
Registered
391 Posts
is there any updates on figs or dezod headers? ive came across a FS thread for mazzuri headers... and it just reminded me of the dezod header/cat combo! whast up with that!!!

im uterrly sick of my HP headers... shit just makes my car sound like a whirring vaccuum... ugly sound after i installed it. might be a leak... but i cant take care of that now.
You should check their threads in the vendor section. That will answer your question.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Dezod Progress
Update 1/4/13:
We have since been busy over the holiday break and had some time to revisit yet another revision to the header to move that much closer to final production (assuming testing goes fine).

Pic of CNC flange:

For a tack'd together upper half of the Green header being born:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Is this true on heat wrapped headers? it significantly decreases the life of a header...

My headers are wrapped from the previous owner and I've had it on my car for a while now....should I be concern? I haven't done anything to them since the install except spray DEI on them.

181 - 200 of 238 Posts
About this Discussion
237 Replies
74 Participants
scuba420
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing