Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
most people also get the cam gear, IMO it didn't do much, and if you are on automatic, you awill get a CEL once in a while due to rough idle. its not an issue as it goes away after a few hundred miles, just a nuisance. after all that, the car is not fast, but does make it come alive, and as a DD it's great.
Q: So, e-shift/autos have a rough idle @ 1st after install? (& I'm assuming you're referring to the 264's)

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Cams (264) shouldn't have ruff idle ..timing off or aftermarket cam gear (exhaust) adjusted wrong ,re check everything...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Good news.
Being installed now; I'll find out shortly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good to know that there are cam options that will play nicely with OEM ecu and tune. Though I wonder how much of a difference you will see between a very basic cam with no changes VS an aggressive cam with a tune to compensate for differences. I guess the biggest deciding factor would be how much would it be to install a mild cam vs a moderate one plus tune divided by the price. Bang for Buck yo

·
Registered
67 Posts
Been driving with BC 264s for a year now, 15,000 miles later, still no CEL, solid AFRs everyday and such a blast to drive. My full BC head package is wonderful and brought new life to the car. By far the best mod i have done to my car in the over 3 years I have owned it. Do not even think twice about installing these cams. An intake and exhaust combo costs just as much and cannot beat the performance at all, get these and worry about supporting mods after!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know this is old, but are there hotter spark plugs for us, and is so do they help in this car. I used Split-Fire in my old 85 Yota 4x4 w/31x11.50s, and 4.11 gears, and I did notice a difference. But, apples and oranges.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,I am new to this forum and have some questions I am hoping you guys can answer. I recently bent a valve and after taking the head off found plastic pieces in the oil galley. I pulled all the pieces out and am wondering where they might have come from. I don't know of any plastic in the head, but feel like it could be from somewhere else in the engine and just traveled with the oil to the head. Any suggestions about what it could be or where it came from would be a great help. I bought new valves but after seeing IS300 heads for $200, I just ordered one and will send back the valves.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts