Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's now Sunday, and I have yet to receive any information on the Megan Springs that were promised to be shipped out last week. Looks like I'll be shopping elsewhere for my next upgrades.

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ordered a set of Tokico HP shocks and Megan springs recently, as well as a set of Hotchkis sway bars a few months ago.

Sways and Front shocks came in a matter of 2 or 3 days, which is incredible for a site that offers free shipping. Spring will apparently come this week, but I have yet to receive a tracking number for it.

However, I was a bit disappointed when I found out that the rear shocks were actually out of stock when the website listed them as in stock. Looking back at the tracking email from Igor, I do see that he mentioned that the rears would be available July 1st, and I realize that was my mistake for not noticing it (it was just one line at the very top of the confirmation e-mail), but the site still says that the shocks are in stock, which is very misleading.

I suppose the next time I order from here, I'll have to skip ordering online and give you guys a call.
Thank you. We cannot keep everything on hand and neither can the manufacture. But give us a buzz anytime.

Edward

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It's now Sunday, and I have yet to receive any information on the Megan Springs that were promised to be shipped out last week. Looks like I'll be shopping elsewhere for my next upgrades.
PM me bud, im sure its just a miscommunication somewhere.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
this is the second time dealing with thmotorsports. the first time i spent 1k on a clutch. it was a custom built clutch(according to them). i got very little info from them about how things were going. i called a couple weeks after ordering it and got run arounds and people not knowing anything about it. after a two or three months i finally did recieve my clutch. it was the last part i needed to finish my v160 swap so my car sat for 3 months while i waited on it. all the other 50 parts i ordered from other places showed up within 2 weeks i believe.

i just recently purchased an item from them. i figured they had it for cheaper than any of the no name stores and were represented on this site so ill give them another chance. after 2 weeks i send an email and get a tracking #. it doesnt show any signs of use for about a half week. then it shows its in transit from anaheim ca(keep in mind i live in northern california) it has an expected delivery date of a week later. it shows its delivered and signed for...by thmotorsports in Illinois? im not particularly happy with the cutomer service, communication or the shipping. now im waiting a weekend and another week atleast im assuming? and i will probably be waiting on it again to get my car going.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i got the greddy tic muffler a week after my last post. i opened it as soon as it came in the door. pulled it out and the titanium tip has a big dent in it. i emailed them immediately. they ask me to send them pictures of the packaging(box, foam wrap and the cover over the tip). the box is in great shape. no holes no big damage looking spots. the foam is the same. there was no cover over the tip.

email i got today:

I replied to you on this see below:

hello those that item has it, this came from our most recent batach and I called the dealers who has the rest of them to verify, they told me all have that tube. I attached a picture of it if your customer cannot show us pictures of this part I cannot a replacement for it.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
To make a long story short. I would not be buying or referring anyone to THMotorsports again. I called to see if the BC cams were instock at their warehouse (thurs) they said yes, ordered the next day off the website (fri) only to find out on monday when I called to find out if it had been shipped, the shipping guy tells me it will be dropped shipped. I said I called on thurs, spoke to jonathan and he said it was in stock. WTF??
I hung up the phone frustrated waited till tues, posted in their thread, he PMs saying that there on BACKORDER!! WTF really?? and tells me I should have called first before placing the online order. I said I did call and YOU told me you had it in stock, then tells me he can offer me a refund or he could get BC GTE cams from Titan but it will be more. WTF?? I am ordering cams for a is300 not a supra.
I'm still waiting for my refund at 5.49 est while i'm typing this, filed a claim with PP and waiting impatiently. I was off this week and wanted to take care of my car but they screwed me and have me wait to get my money back.
I also spoke to a couple other members and to my surprise they have had the same unfortunate experience as I had, but never bother posting.
THM/ Jonathan get it together. I know this is not the only forum you are on etc I am on many other forums as well and see you there. If you are not sure take my number/email find out the item is in stock and call/email/text back with the correct information. DO not offer replacement parts for other similar cars/engines. It's not the same in some cases. Cams are one.

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Kraven, sanctfy, and everyone else. This is Edward, and I used to be the one managing the THMotorsports board here. I am not seeing happy customers and that makes me quite upset. Please email me at [email protected] and just put ATTN Edward. I will not let anyone on here be displeased. We had a perfect track record on here and helped with a lot of good things. Now I am seeing things slip a bit and wont let it come to that.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I received my refund immediately after I emailed Eddie. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i emailed him also. he offered to fix it and ship it back to me if i shipped it to them. also give me a store credit for the cost of shipping it.

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Vendor: thmotorsports

Satisfaction level: before the sale 10/10...after the sale maybe more like a 4/10

Basically told me what they thought I wanted to hear before buying...bought the items andeverything as far as the items being in stock and shipping times was BS

Brakelines turned out to be made to order, took two weeks, brake pads took about 3 weeks was initially told everything in stocl would ship within 24 hours...got run around about trying to get tracking info and was told "I think it shipped, but I really don't know"....WTF?

Full story here: http://my.is/forums/f180/your-shipping-needs-serious-improvement-443302/

They also basically tried to bribe me to take the thread down...with "at their cost" pricing on any item I wanted...sounds amazing right? Everything I inquired about. Ended up being higher priced then their website...why? Because if they're giving me the item I wanted at cost the "free ground shipping on orders over 100" goes out the window and the warehouse where they get their stuff from is in my state so id have to also pay the sales tax on top of the shipping

Overall their prices are good but don't expect anything they say relating to lead times to be accurate and their customer service after you give them money is about as screwed up as SRT.
I have responded to this and to you in several ways. You're requests were completely not within the norm when it comes to finding an accommodation. We DO NOT BRIBE at all. We merely wanted to find common ground, if I am resolving your problem and I am more than willing to give you ANY PART on my site for my cost price. It's a reasonable request that I ask you take down your negative post. But I never said that was an ultimatum. The offer always stood for you. You wanted my offer + more and I can not give parts away for free. You filled a complaint back in July of last year, I proceeded to work with you in any way I can and yet over 6 months later you are still bashing THMotorsports when I have been available for any parts at anytime 5 days a week and never heard from you.

We have an "A+ Rating" on the BBB. Have the best reviews on all the forums across the entire web. our reputation for being easily accessible is very well known along with being more than fair giving you a means to end on this problem.

Vendor: THMotorsports

Positives:
Cost

Negatives:
Poor customer service and response time
Poor internal communication
Offensive at best

I purchased a set of coilovers, spark plugs, brake lines and a radiator cap from THMotorsports as a test order before ordering additional suspension and performance components. I appreciated the initial quick response, but it seemed as time went on they didn't want to respond to me- only replying to messages late in the day... A scary experience for someone that didn't want to buy from a no-stock "I-have-a-day-job" shop (which is why I ordered from them, the posts about them gave great credibility to THMotorsports).

I was never told that the coilovers or brake lines weren't in stock- this is a problem... all I look for is to have a vendor that is up front with me. If they're not in stock and have to be ordered, say so. After over two weeks of trying to get a straight answer about my coilovers, one department said they had them in stock, another said they arent and I should not work with customer service for status, rather shipping as if I had created a problem by copying both sides as neither seemed to have accurate information. This had followed their copying of each other when e-mailing me.

After a frustrating series of e-mails, I had parts of my order that would not be available until mid-Jan cancelled and reluctantly advised them to ship the coilovers, with shipping occurring 20 days after the order had been paid.

If you choose to go with them, do yourself a favour- don't assume their internal communications are on-point or that your items are readily available... Be proactive and ask every question that you can think of in advance.

If THMotorsports wishes to do better- please analyze this transaction from initial inquiry to completion so that you can better your business. Miscommunication, mistakes and delays happen. The difference between an average vendor and a GREAT vendor boil down to how these issues are handled. Professionally, I deal with 10-15 vendors daily for my clients. When I have an experience similar to this with one of them, they're done.
I would care to disagree. You placed an order during Black Friday Sales which is the busiest time of the entire year. We had the item in-stock for you but due to high demand was sold before your order went through. We can not make more product when we are not the manufacture.

Our level professionalism was second to none in this matter. The communication issues we were having was that you would email 2 different departments the same questions and then we both had the same answer and it was overly redundant when you email me, pm me, and then email shipping department. When I refered you to one person handling the entire issue for you in the shipping department.

Furthermore, we kept you updated with the entire order the entire time for you and at no point did we lose communication. Black Friday time on deals is very hectic and lots of people buying a lot of stuff at the same time. It was clearly in-stock at the time of purchase and sold by the time the order came through.

If you would like some sort of compensation for your troubles, I'd be happy to extend an offer to you privately. Our OUTSTANDING reviews since 2003 speak for themselves and our "A+" rating on the BBB makes us the benchmark in this business.

Thank you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would care to disagree. You placed an order during Black Friday Sales which is the busiest time of the entire year. We had the item in-stock for you but due to high demand was sold before your order went through. We can not make more product when we are not the manufacture.

Our level professionalism was second to none in this matter. The communication issues we were having was that you would email 2 different departments the same questions and then we both had the same answer and it was overly redundant when you email me, pm me, and then email shipping department. When I refered you to one person handling the entire issue for you in the shipping department.

Furthermore, we kept you updated with the entire order the entire time for you and at no point did we lose communication. Black Friday time on deals is very hectic and lots of people buying a lot of stuff at the same time. It was clearly in-stock at the time of purchase and sold by the time the order came through.

If you would like some sort of compensation for your troubles, I'd be happy to extend an offer to you privately. Our OUTSTANDING reviews since 2003 speak for themselves and our "A+" rating on the BBB makes us the benchmark in this business.

Thank you.
Do I need to post e-mails and PMs? Please, don't try to speak of professionalism and communication- it's just not there. I'd assume by now you'd be sick of writing this same reply and FIX THE PROBLEM.

Actions and the ratio of bad reviews to "OUTSTANDING" reviews speak louder than the "A+ BBB Rating".

21 - 33 of 33 Posts