Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CARLISLE STYLE & PERFORMANCE 2008

Once again my friends it is our pleasure to announce the return of the Carlisle Style and Performance show for 2008. There has been a ton of talk about how great and enjoyable the show was for 2007, and it looks like this year the show is shaping up to be even bigger and better. It has been conveyed by the events coordinator for the Carlisle Performance & Style Show that it was his extreme pleasure to have us come through, and that NELOC and My.IS completely stole the show for ‘07. This was achieved by a strong display of unity as a car club, camaraderie and overall friendliness of the members, and the fact that we also rolled into the show 40 cars deep had a little something to do with things.

LOL!!! It was with these attributes that NELOC was awarded a trophy for Best Club Participation.

LOL!!! It was with these attributes that NELOC was awarded a trophy for Best Club Participation.

For many Neloc’ers and .net'ers this was the first time that they actually met other members from areas other than their own. We drew a participation base from MD,VA, Pa, and NY. Since last years’ event, the Carlisle show has come up in countless threads with nothing but positive feedback and responses; proving once again that the various Lexus forums are not just full of hype, we are a lifestyle in which many other clubs strive to achieve. For those of you who are reading this information now and are new to this experience, or have no idea what we are talking about, please reference this thread for review.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...ight=aftermath

Due to the overwhelming success of last years show, the Carlisle Events staff is going the extra mile to welcome us back by giving us full access to the entire pavilion area that we had last year. We have also been given access to all of the surrounding outside space close to the pavilion area as well for additional parking.

This image shows less than half of the pavilion.

It is through this measure, that we will be extending invitations to members of My.IS, ISFanatics, High Society VIP, as well as TRI-State VIP to join us in attendance of this event. This will be the one, MUST ATTEND event of the season, so please make plans to attend THIS one if you do no other one this year. Everything from the multiple caravans, to the nearby local nightspots, and everything in between is guaranteed to be a lasting, memorable experience for all who will be in attendance.

When:

The Carlisle Style and Performance show will be held May 9-11 at the Carlisle Fairgrounds in Carlisle, Pa.

Carlisle Events - Performance & Style - Home (Carlisle Home Site)

Registration is available now, for those of you who would like to register early. Reference this link to do so….
Carlisle Events Online Pre-Registration: Carlisle Performance and Style

A separate registration thread will be going up on CL and a link to that will be provided once it's up.

Official Carlisle Performance & Style 2008 Registration Thread: - Club Lexus Forums

Cost:

Entry fee for this event (all three days, unlimited access to/from the fairgrounds) is still only $40 per car, and is good for the weekend admission of 2 people per vehicle. Please keep in mind that this fee applies whether you only attend for one day or all three days. Prices are not set by us and are not negotiable. This price applies to the NON- JUDGED show field ONLY. Unless any of you are considering having your car judged for prize placement, this is the price you will pay with the rest of us to attend.

Non Judged Field Info:

Register a car, truck, or sport bike for the 2008 Carlisle Performance and Style show Non-Judged Showfield. Park with your friends and /or club and still be a part of the show field (For us, this will en-tale the pavilion parking area as well as the surrounding areas of that building in random order). After registering online, a receipt will be mailed to you via regular US mail. This will be a brown colored post card with the information on it. It is IMPERATIVE and very IMPORTANT that you remember to bring this receipt with you to the event. Please keep in mind that registration pricing WILL INCREASE after APRIL 21, 2008. This is 22 days before the start of the first day’s activities.

Parking Info:

One of the most important things that we learned from Carlisle ‘07 is that nobody is perfect. While we did have some issues concerning parking, they were squashed very quickly and efficiently. Unfortunately with ‘07 being our first MAJOR event in which we were subject to someone else’s rules/guidelines etc., there WERE MAJOR breakdowns in communication which did occur. It has been through this experience did we learn that too many people involved in one activity can spell disaster and we have taken special note of that and learned from the experience. This year, a special committee will be formed to assist in making sure we are organized and to assist in getting everyone parked quickly. This committee will be headed up under the exclusive direction of TRUKN1 (contact him over on the clublexus NELOC forum), so any inquiries regarding this need to be directed to him and him alone via PM. Action plans will be in place and those committee members chosen to aid with this activity shall be contacted via PM.

The one major change in parking for ‘08 over what was done for ‘07 is the formation of the parking committee. You will notice that those members will be connected with one another via radio communication. I need everyone to understand this next point clearly. This year we will have more accessibility to inside(pavilion) parking. A separate thread will be generated for official attendance so that we can keep track of those who have registered and cross-reference this info against who Carlisle also has registered. In the efforts of being fair to everyone, it is requested that everyone who signs in for the Attendance thread provide the following information.

Screen Name/Name/ Car/ Reg # (provided by Carlisle on receipt).

Hotel Info:

It would be advisable to reserve rooms ASAP to get the cheapest rate possible. To keep the individual cost low, please try to find other members that you can share a room with.

See link below
Carlisle Events - Lodging and Hotel Information

The rates I received ranged from $65-$189 per night for 2 adults... I also asked about having 4 adults stay in 1 room and almost all hotels had no problem with it, but would charge $5-$10 extra per person. The rates i'm posting are for rooms with 2 queen size beds OR 1 king size, so for those planning on having 4 people in one room, would mean that you would have to share a bed unless you bring an air mattress
Any questions, please feel free to PM me.

ALL RATES ARE PER NIGHT

DAYS INN in Carlisle: $155

Hampton Inn in Carlisle: $169-$179

Residence Inn:MARRIOTT in Carlisle: $189

RODEWAY INN in Carlisle: $135

SLEEP INNin Carlisle: $139

COMFORT SUITES in Carlisle: NO VACANCY

COURTYARD: MARRIOTT in Harrisburg: $169
in Mechanicsburg: $149

QUALITY INN in Carlisle: $139
in Chambersburg: $90 (40 minute drive)

RODEWAY INN in New Cumberland: $65

SUPER 8 MOTEL in Harrisburg: $99
in Harrisburg Riverfront: $89

COMFORT INN in New Cumberland: $109 (25 minute drive)
in Mechanicsburg: $104-$115

HAMPTOM INN in Mechanicsburg: $139

REMINDER: DON'T WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE TO RESERVE A ROOM.

·
Registered
594 Posts
ill be attending for sure

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i would like to go this event. jared maybe we could split a room or is thins close enough we can just drive it??? maybe a room for just one night so we can party with some other members? just a thought. let me know!

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
^^ Yeah we'll have to get Jason involved too. It's close enough to drive from my place but if we plan on boozin we'd better get a room.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a good sized group of us staying at the Marriot located 11 miles from the fairgrounds. Try looking into that.

·
14,279 Posts
^^ Alright, I live about an hour away so we'll have to see what we are planning on doing after the show. Matt and Jason, you guys could always crash at my place instead of getting a room. I was only planning on going Saturday to the show so let me know what you think.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Jared i got your pm, def count me in, it doesnt matter to me if we get a room or just go back to your place. but i thnk it might be better to get a room cuz we might want to chill with some fellow IS'rs after, better to be prepared!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Important Update

For those coming Saturday, we have to be in the fairgrounds by 10AM. We will be meeting up at the registration building at 9AM Sat. Once you register and receive your registration card, please PM me with following:

Screen Name / Name / Car / Cust ID #

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
should be there. with a custom paint job/ custom fender flares
on my Turbo Is300.

Reactions: diablooffire03

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
jared and jayson..... jared is your girl coming?? maybe the 4 of us could split a room and just get a cot. should keep the price nice and low. what do you guys think???

·
14,279 Posts
jared and jayson..... jared is your girl coming?? maybe the 4 of us could split a room and just get a cot. should keep the price nice and low. what do you guys think???
I don't know if she is or not, I said something to her the other day and she didn't seem too thrilled. We had a bad experience at a truck show in Carlisle a couple years ago. Apparently she gets pissed when I take pix and make comments about the hot model chicks with barley anything on. :lol:

·
14,279 Posts
Either way we can still get a room but like I said I was only planning on going Saturday. In past years with other shows everyone sets up on Friday, Saturday all the action starts and Sunday is just lame. So if you want we could get a room for Friday and Saturday night and leave for home on Sunday.

·
14,279 Posts
Or, we could get a room for just Saturday night. You guys could meet me along the turnpike Saturday morning and we could cruise up. It's up to you.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i can sleep on the floor, doesnt matter to me. also if you guys want to be there friday and sat. night thats fine too. its all good.. cant wait. jared or matt did you guys get your registration yet???

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well just remember that the registration for all activities will be available at the event, but all registration fees will increase $10 after April 21, 2008

·
14,279 Posts
Yeah I still need to register, they normally send me something in the mail because I register for at least on of their shows a year.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^

Once you register and receive your registration card, please PM me with following:

Screen Name / Name / Car / Cust ID #
As stated before.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts