Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
BMW priced the M3 very well 54k(sedan) compared to the ISF 56k, I wonder how Lexus will respond to this...?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Does $2K make a difference to people buying these cars?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Not financially no. But if they already believe that one product is better than another; plus it's cheaper...then there is no incentive in buying the more expensive one.

One could use the logic that you get what you pay for also...

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I have a feeling there are fans of cars that will buy their car unless something is drastically wrong.

Audi RS lovers will buy the RS4-5 even if it happened to be more expensive for whatever deal they get at the time

BMW M lovers will buy the M3 regardless of how unreliable it may be... or how questionable the looks are (picture the convertible)

Lexus F lovers will buy the IS-F because it's a Lexus... even if it more expensive and doesn't necessarily give them a huge performance gain over the competition.

These are cars people will buy with their emotions.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's psychological. I can afford the 2k difference by working a couple days. BUT, why would I want to pay more for a car that's not any better? In addition, sometimes it's the people who can afford such luxuries that are more careful with their money (cheap).

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
It's psychological. I can afford the 2k difference by working a couple days. BUT, why would I want to pay more for a car that's not any better? In addition, sometimes it's the people who can afford such luxuries that are more careful with their money (cheap).
We like to call those people: smart. Pissing your money away is not cool.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
wow!! i'm suprised to see the pricing on the M3. it's very competitive. i was expecting it to be significantly more than the is-f.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.