Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the fastest i have seen was at 6.5mbps at my college...

[This message has been edited by blueis300guy (edited November 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
257 Posts
you lucky T3 dogs!! I suffer here from T1. Fast but not fast enough....Too bad my HD is only 12 gigs....i heard there's a new format for movie compression. Supposedly someone from Microsoft "spread around" a new coding form that compressess a full-feature movie like The Matrix onto a regular CD-R. Cool huh? The quality is not that of a DVD but when your talking "free downloads" and free movies, who cares? Hey wait!!!! Isn't this a IS300 board?!? Aren't we supposed to be gear heads in here talking bout cars and chicks? (celica thread) I think SpeedSound might have a point....

·
Registered
591 Posts
2mbps+ T-2 right here at Home
Toshiba PCX1000 Cable Modem. Time Warner RR

[This message has been edited by smra (edited November 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
51 Posts
i work over hear at AT&T Enhanced Network Services and we sit on top of the backbone. Our speed is crazy fast....OC48....that's 2.5 GB/sec in theory but no one has the capabilities to test our speed out there. But our LAN is damn fast.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I did some ASP work for a school on Internet2. I think the bottleneck was the hardware routing the connection. I copied an image of a 650 MB CD from a school in Chicago to one of the servers in 12 seconds.
I was trying to duplicate Microsofts statement that they could copy a 650 MB CD from one Win2000 Pro machine to another on Internet 2 in 9 seconds. I have been in a large Colocation Facility with an OC-192 connection. That Facility was interesting. The Gaurds at the front would verify that all your phones and pagers were turned off, before letting You in.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
What HDD can store stuff that fast? Even at 1GB/s I think the HDD is having a difficult time keeping up already (unless you have a cheetah 15K drive).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts