Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry..I know this is off topic...but I saw a Lancer Evo 5 in Vancouver the other day...but the weird thing is that the car was left hand drive....Wonder if is a real Evo5 or just a Mirage Evo wanna be...
Does anyone in Van knows???

·
Registered
168 Posts
was it white and red? there is a guy here in seattle that did a whole bunch of stuff to a mirage and made it look like a evo. I think it had turbo, but not sure. He owns/works at local tuner shop...and recently sold it (so i heard). You can get kits for it

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
A LHD Lancer Evo would've been imported from Germany...so there's a good chance that it may have been fake. I saw a fake one a couple of weeks ago in Alhambra, California.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i live in Van.
I think it wont be the real 1..its only the bodykit....
but there is a real evo5 on left-hand drive for sale in Japan..but i dont think any1 in here bought it yet.
iTs the same spec. as the EVO5 in Japan, but no Recro seat, no elec. climate control.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are body kits for Civic's and EL's that make them look like Lancer Evo's. It could have been one of those.

------------------
Future IS300 Owner

·
Registered
666 Posts
There is a guy out here in Chicago working at TAD (they specialize in rally racing) that had gutted out a mirage and stuffed a Lancer engine, body panels, etc. Lots of customization was done but it looks identical to the real Lancer EVO (except for the driver being on the wrong side) and runs awesome.

It's pretty neat to check out there shop as they typically have several lancers there being prepped for some rally racing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts