Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is none of my business...but who is voting for whom?

Any predictions? Will the non-IS owners fall to one political party vs the IS owners voting as a block or will there be dissention among the IS ranks?

I am voting for GWB based on my love of war. Without a solid defense I am out of business....besides that I think Al G is a prick and I'd hate to see Tipper and Joe Liberman in the White House.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
I know it is none of my business...but who is voting for whom?

Any predictions? Will the non-IS owners fall to one political party vs the IS owners voting as a block or will there be dissention among the IS ranks?

I am voting for GWB based on my love of war. Without a solid defense I am out of business....besides that I think Al G is a prick and I'd hate to see Tipper and Joe Liberman in the White House.
Agent,

That is the best post in a while!!!! I concur.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear ya...I want some of my money back...tired of paying for all those crack whores on Welfare.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Bush. Gore is incredulous and will do anything to promote his political strength, even sell his political soul. Yea, I feel safe with him at the helm.

·
Registered
17 Posts
George W. Bush all the way ! ! !
Just the thought that Colin Powell may be one of the cabinets is reason enough to vote for GWB.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Actually, I really don't like any of em' so I falling back to my old addage. . . "when in doubt, vote republican!!" Can't go wrong there!!

The 'crats have had it too long anyway.

ps> wish McCain was still in though. . . .

·
Registered
626 Posts
Gee I am quite surprised by the responses here.

I am for Gore the entire way. I believe he has best interest for all of America and not the wealthy few.

Also, I believe strongly in Gore's views on family and stay at home parents. My wife stays home to raise our children. In addition I believe in Gore's views on education for the young people in America and the public educational system. Bush is a voucher man and I am totally against anyone who is willing to take money away from the public education. I am a firm believer that the funding of public education is a social responsability of all people in America and not just those who have kids in the public educational system. We all benefit from children who are educated and move up the social ladder to earn a living and pay taxes.

I am also against Bush's view on abortion. I myself do not believe in abortion, but I do not believe it is the governments place to tell anyone what to do with their own body. I believe Gore put it best when he saidt he choice to abort is between a woman, her doctor and her GOD. Like I said, I would never do that myself, but I do not feel I have the right to tell someone else what to do on that issue.

Gee sorry for the long post. I just believe that this election is about a lot more then just who can get richer with what president. I believe we need to look at the country as one big family and support who is out there for the good of all versus the good of some.

Thank you

[This message has been edited by ISFAN (edited November 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So MK what is your point? Al Gore would gleefully sacrifice our nation's security for a few campaign bucks...which would have a bigger impact on you? Once over run by the Chicoms, we could have abortions galore just like in the PRC. One kid per household please.if it is a girl you might as well scrape her out now.

Let's make sure this does not become an abortion thread....

So far it looks like many IS owners think a lot alike in the political field...how about some of you trolls...who do you plan to cast your vote for?

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited November 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
17 Posts
ISFAN, I think you are right that individuals should have the right to make their own decisions that concerns their body. But just think of this hypothetical situation if ABORTION were to be COMPLETELY legal and readily available. The fear of getting pregnant would no longer exists in the minds of teenagers. There would be one less factor against teenagers having sex at an earlier age and more often believing that ABORTION could solve the problem if a pregnacy was to occur. STDs would run rampant, etc. I believe that individuals should have the power to choose but I also believe that it needs to be regulated. George W. Bush all the way BABE. NO PUN INTENDED!

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please no more abortion talk...we don't need to take this there...talk about your choice and why but please avoid making moral judgements etc.

If we go down this road it will get closed...let's see if the IS Poll is more accurate than those bastards on CNN.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Agent, I'll gladly listen to rational discussions of real world scenarios, but come on, America overrun by Chicoms?!

My wife and I agreed, by and large both candidates have attractive and repulsive points. Abortion was the single polarizing issue for us. That kind of arrogance is unacceptable TO US.

I don't want to start that thread any more than the rest of you, so let it drop.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd like to add that ISFAN brought up some good points.

That's why it's really important to balance your congressional votes with your presidential choices so that no "one" view will go unopposed. Hopefully, we'll end up ok.

ps> TEG, I know that this is OT (Smith even had the disclaimer in the topic), but I'd also like to see what everyone thinks. I know there are other forums for this too, but on a lighter note, we'd only have to deal with this ever 4 years, as opposed to the many OT troll posts, which seem to pop up hourly. . .
I'll respect whatever choice you make, but for the record, I'd like to see what happens.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so far 8 for GB and 2 for AG....

MK - like your presidential pick I was exaggerating...lol...I don't think we'll be overrun but I can tell you that we will likely be involved with China/Taiwan in the next 5 years...don't think it can't happen. Also, you need to look at the moves being made by the PRA...it is pretty hairy out there...I know I am out there....look at Panama, Africa, Asia...don't think they don't have the capability...

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited November 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
if i could vote i'd go for bush. i know my mom is voting for bush and my dad is voting for gore. abortion is a highly contested topic so i don't think we should get too into it, this thread would explode with everyone's different ideas. if anyone wants to know i'm against abortion, but yeah i won't go into it
i'm such a hypocrite(as in i just said i wouldn't go into it, not that i had my gf have an abortion or anything
)

[This message has been edited by mrclam (edited November 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
626 Posts
I agree, I do not want this to be an abortion arguement either, hell this thread is doomed for locking post haste I am sure.

I am for Gore and the abortion reason is just a small reason why.

Like I said. Education, family values such as raising your children, and even his views on social security are what attracted me to him.

Also, I just do not believe Bush has the experience to be president. I believe his running the coat tails of his father, and truly does not have what it takes to run this country. I also believe that we have been better off in the last 8 years. Yes there are things I would like to see change, but we all have to agree that we are on a better course then where we were heading 8 years ago.

Quite frankly my heart is on the issue of children, as this is what is important to me at this point in my life.

It bugs the crap out of me that dual income parents that put their kids in day care get the luxery of writing off their day care expenses, yet those families like mine, who choose to sacrafice to do what is right and stay home and be there for your children get crap! Ya know how much my day care cost me? That's right 40,000 per year ( the salary my wife made when she left her career as an Accountant to stay home and raise our children). Where the hell is my tax right off! Gore all the way, at least he believes in giving relief to the parents the choose the responsible route and raise their own children, instead of having brand new this and that and paying for a life style at the expense of their kids!

Thank you.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Typical Democrat always trying to stuff the ballot box...you can only vote once ISFAN...lol....

just playing.

Our country will always be able to rise above whomever is in office...we've had some major dill holes in the Oval Office...no names please....just agree in silence.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts