Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car is currently spoiler-less, and i think she looks a little bald without a spoiler!

as such, I was thinking of getting the OEM spoiler (the one with the brake light in the middle) i could have my friend's bodyshop install it for me, but i was wondering if anyone had any problems installing this particular spoiler w/ the brake light? i mean, i already have a brake light on the inside of my back windshield; do i have to get rid of that or can I have both brake lights operating at the same time?

Wing Rider Lexus IS300 Painted Spoiler Factory Style with Light - 2000 - 2004 Lexus

should i get it from here? or is it too expensive? it DOES come prepainted...

thanks!!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I guess I'll be nice to help you since I was in the same situation as you're before, because I know it sucks that 01 doesn't come with a spoiler. :pissed:
Price is about right.. you can try to get one on ebay if they're any cheaper cause I believe the quality should be the same.
There won't be any problem on the 3rd (that's the name for it) brake light... I am still running with it although the bulb is out currently. You can do this yourself with a friend if you want to. Basically, you need to drill a hole on your OEM trunk and wire the the LED on one of your brake light. I don't know if that's the best or safe way to do it but that's what I did..

·
Registered
118 Posts
i have a stock ibp spoiler on my car. i just ordered a different wing and am looking to sell my stock one. here's a couple of pics. let me know if you're interested

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
410IS300, i am interested...but maryland is kinda far away...how much would shipping be? and how much are you willing to let it go for?

i am currently looking on ebay and some other random spoiler websites through google

i just left a message with the lexus dealership in my area and am in the process of getting a price quote...if it comes painted and is cheap, then i'll probably just get it from the dealership (but more likely than not, the price will be HIGH)

we shall see...

·
Registered
152 Posts
i got mine and it looks much better. you'll love the spoiler. i have both sets of brake lights working, the 3rd and the one in the spoiler.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The 01 can come with a spoiler i have a 2001 n its got the spoiler with brake light. I like the spoiler a lot n all but the LEDs are out n im pretty much stuck unless i go to the dealer or replace the spoiler entirely. n the dealer is talkin like $299 to get a new led strip, just the strip as they told me. so thats just my experience with it also if ne ones got ne tips for me on how n where to replace just the strip PM me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
410IS300, i am interested...but maryland is kinda far away...how much would shipping be? and how much are you willing to let it go for?

i am currently looking on ebay and some other random spoiler websites through google

i just left a message with the lexus dealership in my area and am in the process of getting a price quote...if it comes painted and is cheap, then i'll probably just get it from the dealership (but more likely than not, the price will be HIGH)

we shall see...
$100 shipped...i'm still waiting for my new spoiler to arrive, so i'm not posting this one up for sale yet.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i spoke with my local lexus dealer today...and for a brand new factory pre-painted spoiler, its like $465 (he said he gave me 10% off) before tax! and this price doesn't include installation either!!

omg that is way too expensive!

·
Registered
53 Posts
lol , I paid 80 bux shipped from ebay and got it, then I paid a shop to paint it and install it 70 bux, badabing badaboom, it looks sick...

and It makes my IS look 02/03ish, (its 01)

;)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol , I paid 80 bux shipped from ebay and got it, then I paid a shop to paint it and install it 70 bux, badabing badaboom, it looks sick...

and It makes my IS look 02/03ish, (its 01)

;)

how's the quailty of the ebay ones tho? is fitment ok? and does it break and crack over time? i am considering getting one from ebay...but I'd much rather buy one off of a member here so I know for sure the material is quality and fitment is perfect...

·
Registered
53 Posts
well...its not an OEM...thats for sure... but it fit great and is so far in perfect condition,but I've only had it for a week or so.

for the money spent, I'd say go for it;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts