Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found some OEM black leather/escaine bottom seat covers and was just wondering if its hard to take the old ones off and then install the new ones. Its not the whole seat just the bottom part where you sit. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any help?

·
Registered
39 Posts
remove the neg battery cable...wait at least 2 minutes...remove seat, switches,screws, then the panels...remove hog rings with wire cutter...you will need hog ring pliers and hog rings as mention above and reverse procedure for installation...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Fronts are a pain...rear seat bottom is cake.. For the rear...pop up seat bottom and cut all the hog rings on the underside...mark the locations with a black marker..there are a lot of them...remove all the lift wires to be reused with the new cover (hog rings get clamped to them) and then starting from the center out (lift wires on the seating surface start attaching the new leather covers..If you are talking about the fronts..and you have heated seats...there are other concerns as the element is stitched in..and underneath is very tight and the metal extremely sharp..there are not too many hog rings holding the bottom down..getting it out isn't too bad...just take off the power seat switches (they pop off) then undo two screws holding the black cover on..start unclipping the hog rings..pull off the front edge from the extremely sharp fron edge and you should be able to work the old ones up so you can start unclipping the hog rings located where you sit..to put on the new one reverse the order..the three ribs where you sit the the pull the edges of the leather down (its a very tight space along the sides) and clip..remember to pull as tight as you can before attaching the new rings..to avoid a lot of wrinkling.

This post was helpful to me...better when the pics actually worked
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=220404

1 - 5 of 5 Posts