Lexus IS Forum banner

oem nav housing parts list

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  thedon 
#1 ·
I saw this on this site before I did a search but couldnt find it...any help would earn a few dots :wink:

#4 ·
No problem. 8)

I gave you a dot so you don't loose your bargaining power. :D

#6 ·
Kel3 said:
Vlad what type of file is that? I cant get it open is it a word doc???
Yes, it is a word doc. Save it to your hard drive and open in MS word.

#8 ·
oneeyejack said:
where did you get that from? :wink:
Probably from your post somewhere. File is unchanged, as well as the author info. :wink: I kept a copy for myself for a possible future upgrade. 8)

#10 ·
10secondIS said:
vlad those instructions are BEAUTIFUL!!!!...
Keep in mind, I only host the instructions. They orignally came from a different thread on this forum (I could't find it, so I put them on my webspace).

[edit]
Found the original. Click here

#19 ·
you can also purchase all the parts from nalley lexus in georgia or where ever.. they've already hooked up some .net'ers
Call up George Perkins at www.Nalleylexusroswell.com in the parts department. Last time I checked, you can still get all the parts for $650 shipped. You would have to buy a screen and a navigation system.

Got my parts shipped from Nally Lexus for under 650. Now I watch TV in drivethru's.
Yep...thats George.

#20 ·
Malekreza11 said:
webmaster said:
You could also buy the OEM Dash Tray (2004) kit from the store. That's pretty much an empty nav housing. ;)
Finally, someone else noticed that. Haha. Good one.
If your trying to install an aftermarket monitor in the Nav housing then the OEM kit from the store will not work for you.

The OEM dash tray has different PN's for the lid and the internal tray. This cover also has a latch on top to keep it shut. The factory nav housing does not have a latch on top, since it is motorized. The inner tray also does not have any accomodations to mount the monitor.

You can try to modify the housing to make a monitor fit, but it would be a lot less trouble to just order the correct parts in the first place.

#21 ·
TV Tuner

Yo Don,

What kind of TV tuner are you using man? Got my NAV housing setup finished with the alpine NVE-N852A. I'll try and post some pics soon of some of the harder stuff--like nobody has pics of panels & seat & rear deck removal when wiring from the trunk, etc.

Looking to get a TV tuner in like yours, or a DVD player.

Thanks.

#22 ·
Re: TV Tuner

Nolie said:
Yo Don,

What kind of TV tuner are you using man? Got my NAV housing setup finished with the alpine NVE-N852A. I'll try and post some pics soon of some of the harder stuff--like nobody has pics of panels & seat & rear deck removal when wiring from the trunk, etc.

Looking to get a TV tuner in like yours, or a DVD player.

Thanks.
I got a Pyle DVD/MP3/VCD/Mpeg/Tv Tuner all in one combo. Good name "Pyle" because its a pyle of crap as far as the tv tuner goes. The rest is great. It plays dvds, and vcds of all media formats, from CDR to CDRW. And if you got a burned cd with mp3s and mpg files on it, it just displays the file list and directories and it plays them all. But the tv tuner only gets channels above 18, and even when I bought the antenna for it, I can only get channel 7 and channel 9 somewhat clear. Which was good listening to the fire news on the way home each day. I never drive with the tv up, its good to listen though.

here's the unit I got --> http://www.millionbuy.com/pylpltvd98.html
Not worth it though, they have smaller units that do everything minus the tv tuner. Mine sits sideways in the glove box because its too big to mount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.