Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever looked into adding the heated seats to their IS300?

I love the shape of the OEM seat. I figured out that a couple of the blocked out buttons on the dash, that one of them is for the heated seats.

I would think I could either get the wiring and heater modules and just plug and go, or worst case scenario, source just heated seats?

I called the dealer and they didn't seem to sell those things, and they said the wiring harness would be a mess to try and sort out? They seemed to recommend aftermarket solutions.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i read a thread on doing this not long ago....i general concensus seemed to be that you had to run the wires get buttons and get seats and that it woudlnt be particularly easy...a couple people suggested that it was prewired for that option but people shot that down if i find the link ill post it in here for you. id check into it myself but i have heated seats so i cant really just check.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've searched around for a bit and it is general consensus that all IS300's come pre-wired for heated seats, but for those that opt out the heated seat option, the buttons and the heating element are not present. So in essence, all you really need is to get the seats with heating module, buy new dash pieces with buttons, wire them up, and you have heated seats. No messy wiring or whatsoever.

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
There was a guy up here that found out, there are plugs for heated seats. He had used my buttons and plugged them in. He pushed the button, but no warmth. Im not sure if he had it on long enough to find out. Or he didnt have any heating element in his seats.

Either way, just get the buttons and possibly needing to get the seats.

If you want too, which will be faster than waiting for an answer. Remove the passenger/driver seat and see if it has heating elements. If your not sure what it would look like, just take a pic and post that up in here. Maybe someone could chime in if you have it or not on your seats.

Good luck and hope its cheap to do this mod:cool:

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i wish they heated up faster

·
Registered
743 Posts
I bought buttons from a member on here and a pair of
immaculate heated seats from ebay. $365 shipped.
so easy to put in.

take of bolt covers, loosen front bolts, move seat foward
and loosen back bolts.

Put buttons in in their respective spaces and plug them in.

Unplug power harness and airbag harness and remove.

Reverse steps for the heated replacement. yaaaay!

·
Registered
66 Posts
my ass feels liks i'm sitting in wetshit cuz my oem heaters get so hot. i have to turn them off. i wish they had a high/low option!

·
Registered
830 Posts
i wish they heated up faster
I'll agree with that...

When I worked for VW we replaced SOOOO many seat cushions and bottom covers due to them overheating and burning holes! They can get VERY warm!
They defiantly get hot enough! I get some serious Swass if I don't keep flipping them on and off. A high/low would rock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
im curious if the heated seat plugs are different or not ? do u have photos?
Recently did this. I swapped my regular seats with heated oems. The plugs are the same it’s just the seats are different. There’s 2 extra wire looms under seat. And as stated above just get the heated seat switch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts