Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 is. Is it required to have a cat specifically from an 02 to pass smog or can I get one from a 01,03,04-05?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I was able to find a used oem manifold. So if I install it should pass smog as long as the cats are functioning? For context I failed smog because it had a aftermarket cat and that's how I bought the car 5 years ago. I don't want to go through the trouble and still have it fail so I want to know if for sure it will pass this time.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
In my state, if the CEL light is off and the inspection station computer can talk to the ECU, you pass emissions.

You can't know it'll pass till you drive it awhile. If the light doesn't come on after a week of driving, you're probably OK.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
So I was able to find a used oem manifold. So if I install it should pass smog as long as the cats are functioning? For context I failed smog because it had a aftermarket cat and that's how I bought the car 5 years ago. I don't want to go through the trouble and still have it fail so I want to know if for sure it will pass this time.
Why was it failing? Sniffer or code; what?? Most aftermarket manifolds will pass as long as the engine and smog equipment is functioning right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
California emissions is stricter than the other states. So aftermarket cat converter is probably not made for your state.
Yes that is why i got the used oem exhaust. When i get it installed, do you think the smog techs will care that its used or will they pass it as long as the cats and monitors are all ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts