Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they have a 17" w/ the graphite finish, but does Lex offer a chrome wheel? Cost?
Also, does anyone have any suggestions as an alternative? I want a nice wheelset, but don't really want to blow several grand.

Thanks in advance...

------------------
~soybomb~

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Certain dealers offer chrome right off the lot but I know none in our area does. You can order them through the dealer but they are expensive as hell. Tirerack.com has some affordable ones- don't know if you'll like any of them or not. You can put them on a picture of your car and stuff on their website.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by PMD911:
Certain dealers offer chrome right off the lot but I know none in our area does. You can order them through the dealer but they are expensive as hell. Tirerack.com has some affordable ones- don't know if you'll like any of them or not. You can put them on a picture of your car and stuff on their website.
hey PMD911, any idea where i can get my windows tinted? random question, I know...

·
Registered
23,901 Posts

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
[/QUOTE]
hey PMD911, any idea where i can get my windows tinted? random question, I know...

[/QUOTE]

Places in Hackensack on Route 46 not sure about the address. I don't know about SBM with tinted windows though...

[This message has been edited by PMD911 (edited February 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
I got the 17" chrome OEM wheels.... $500 for set of 4.. The dealer went MSRP on the price when i bought in July 2000, but gave me quite the discounts on accessories. Thats the bestthey could have done due to the newness of the IS. It may run you bout $1000 to $1200 by this time.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Places in Hackensack on Route 46 not sure about the address. I don't know about SBM with tinted windows though...
[/B]
Not going dark, just darker...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lexus does not have a factory OEM Chrome wheel for the IS300. The only two wheels that leave the Kanto Auto Works plant in Japan on the IS are the graphite polished and the regular silver type. All of the other chrome IS wheels you see are done aftermarket.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yep, slodeanis is right.

If your dealer has chrome IS300 wheels then they contracted with someone to do it aftermarket. The quality and price would vary from dealer to dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts