Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, so everyone said to beware about having the CD changer replaced by Lexus. I took digital photos of the dash before I took my IS in. Sure enough, the car came back with a brand-new and perfect CD changer, but with gashes and scratches all over the center console dash (even up high on the left trim portion of the dash). So strange. How do they do something such as replacing a CD changer and NOT try to be careful? How did all of you deal with this? I'm thinking of ways I can cover it up - I don't want to complain about stuff anymore!

Grrr. :shame:

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
complain about it until they replace the pieces they screwed up.. it's not that hard to take the dash out without killing the parts, all they had to do was cover it up with some masking tape..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly, I was thinking to myself while I waited for them to finish: I probably should have just put some tape around the dash and I wouldn't have to worry.

Laziness.

·
Banned
538 Posts
I replaced mine myself it's very easy just take your time and have help.
You remove the dash tray first then work down.
The Trac and seat heaters tray just slides out viola :D

·
Dr. JDM
6,678 Posts
they need to fix that, and they will

i remember when i had my car lowered. i knew i should have taken out the push screws in the trunk myself, but i was lazy as well and sure enough the screws were destroyed and i had to buy new ones

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
MAKE THEM FIX THAT. It's one thing to go bitchin to someone with accusations, but if you've got the digital pictures, take them in and just ask them to explain what happened.

They won't be able to.
They'll feel cornered.
(They might get defensive.) :roll:
Then, hopefully, they will cooperate and make things right!

Best of luck to you man! :D

·
8,849 Posts
I've been saying it over and over again.

Before you take your car in to have the CD changer replaced, put masking tape on the dash. It is virtually impossible to remove the CD Changer/AC Control assembly without scratching the dash. I have taken it apart numerous times, and I have come up with this very helpful tip.

At any rate, take it to the dealership, complain to the manager, get the situation resolved. They are at fault, as they did not know how to replace the unit without causing damage to your car.

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
HAVE THEM PAY!!!!!!!!!!! damnit i have taken my radio out tons of time with not one scratch!

David

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Yup, I would take it back. You can use a poor rating on the satisfaction survey as ammo. They take that very seriously.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
IS JOE said:
Yup, I would take it back. You can use a poor rating on the satisfaction survey as ammo. They take that very seriously.
He's right. I'm not sure why either. I thought they were junk like most surveys are.

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
k-lo said:
IS JOE said:
He's right. I'm not sure why either. I thought they were junk like most surveys are.
if you don't fill out the card, or fill it up with some unsatisfactory deal, they lose portions of their year end bonuses..

·
Dr. JDM
6,678 Posts
irv_usc said:
k-lo said:
IS JOE said:
if you don't fill out the card, or fill it up with some unsatisfactory deal, they lose portions of their year end bonuses..
yeah i think i made somebody lose his job over my survey

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here's alist of problems that I had after taking the car to do some work:

Dash scratched up after CD changer replacement :pissed:

Push screws missing and cover torn after loweirng the car :pissed:

Undercar neons busted (Even though I told them they were there) :pissed:

Broken winshield when trying to replace dashboard :pissed:

And some other things...
I am totally dissatisfied with how people do service on expensive cars, and are so careless about it! And they KNOW that I would come back and have them fix it or pay for it, so why would they keep doing that?!?!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
phat,

Sorry to hear about all of that. Those have to be some of the more extreme examples of service haphazardness. Hopefully not many other people go through those experiences just to have their car worked on. Kinda puts the whole "scratched dash" incident in the closet. Did those incidents happen using Lexus service or no? Just curious...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My local Lexus service dept. already knows me by name. When they call to do the service follow-up they're like, "So did everything work out okay THIS time??" "So you won't need to come back anytime soon, right?" Of course they're nice and polite about it - almost as if it's a big joke. Kinda makes me wonder, though - like what are they really writing about me in their books!

That's why I'm probably not going to complain about the dash scratches.

STILL PISSES ME OFF, THOUGH. :bitching:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Same thing happened to me... :pissed: :pissed:

I let it go because my lease is up in a little bit so I wasn't going to go crazy.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
AECIS300 said:
Same thing happened to me... :pissed: :pissed:

I let it go because my lease is up in a little bit so I wasn't going to go crazy.
i hope you know you might have to pay for those scratches, i would've got them to fix it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did those incidents happen using Lexus service or no? Just curious...
Well, most of the defects or problems I have are after going to do an oil change at the dealership. But I did have some shops give me probelms as well.
Well, basically, Hendrick Lexus at Charlotte is NOT a good dealership as far as service. :bitching:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Neolicious said:
My local Lexus service dept. already knows me by name. When they call to do the service follow-up they're like, "So did everything work out okay THIS time??" "So you won't need to come back anytime soon, right?" Of course they're nice and polite about it - almost as if it's a big joke. Kinda makes me wonder, though - like what are they really writing about me in their books!

That's why I'm probably not going to complain about the dash scratches.

STILL PISSES ME OFF, THOUGH. :bitching:
Well then, I would take it to them to fix... and then take it to another dealer next time. Or if you don't want to bring it back, just give them a bad rating on the survey. They shouldn't get away with being careless. Thats why you pay so much for lexus!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts