·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The numbers are in:

IS 300/IS 250/IS 350​
2,563 units​
October 05​

This is a transition month. The IS300 was selling at about 500 units a month, so the first month for IS250/IS350 is about 2,000 units.

Too soon to come-up with much of a prediction for the future :blush:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Thanks for the info man. I guess the IS300 might be going at a great price, that could have contributed to it's sales.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Hmmm, so if it continues on that track, Lexus will miss it 40K forecast. Looks like more incentives should be on their way! Or at least lets hope.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
METEORO said:
Hmmm, so if it continues on that track, Lexus will miss it 40K forecast. Looks like more incentives should be on their way! Or at least lets hope.
Come on now... the car hasn't even been out for a month yet. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Crester said:
Come on now... the car hasn't even been out for a month yet. :rolleyes:
I am just trying to be positive here. I want want now, but I do not want to pay the $555 bucks a month for the lease.

The sooner Lexus comes out with incentives, the sooner I can get one. jruhi4 and I were like this close to getting two last saturday. If they would have come down to $520 a month we would have put an order for two IS350/SP. They are not budging now, and MSRP is all they will do.

My next hope is the December to remember event. Lets see what deals they have then. If not, then I will wait till march, when my current lease is due.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
If that's out the door cars, just think how many orders were taken in October for later delivery.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Those are great numbers for the first couple weeks of sales. I'd be interested to see the breakdown of 250 auto vs 250 manual vs 250 awd vs 350

But it really is too early to predict. Sales could slow down after initial excitement dies down... or sales could increase as more people see them on the road.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The first couple of weeks.... you guys read too much into that data. There are always supply problems at the beginning of any nice car

Got to wait till people are no longer putting in pre-orders to extrapolate any data

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Screw that, i'm gonna wait a year + to get an IS. No way im paying anything near msrp.

I rather get a tsx then pay msrp right now.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
You said you would rather buy a is350 then an TSX.

tsx costs 27k
IS350 costs 42k

Thats a 15k difference.

I rather wait a year or two and not pay anything near msrp for the is250/350.

If I can get a manual IS250 with sp and hid for 32k OTD or even less. I would be a happy. But gotta wait for the better deals to come.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
gsrthomas said:
You said you would rather buy a is350 then an TSX.

tsx costs 27k
IS350 costs 42k

Thats a 15k difference.

I rather wait a year or two and not pay anything near msrp for the is250/350.

If I can get the IS250 for 32k OTD or even less. I would be a happy. But gotta wait for the better deals to come.

Mine cost $37K.

Hopefully you can get some deals later on, probably when things slow down next summer.

I had eagerly awaited the TSX introduction and drove one of the first ones delivered. I was just disappointed. It just wasn't what I was looking for. So I ended up with a IS300, and I liked it much better till I drove the IS350.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
bartkat said:
Mine cost $37K.

Hopefully you can get some deals later on, probably when things slow down next summer.
37k doesnt seem to bad.

What was out the door price?

I'm assuming $40-41k?

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Michael said:
Damn, that is a great price, tell me again which options you got? 350, right?
All I got for options was the 18" wheel pkg with the trunk mat, wheel locks, etc. Our auto sales taxes are pretty low here compared to some areas. I got $17,500 for my 02 trade in, and I figure that's pretty decent, according to Blue book and Edmunds.com. So I had $20,300 difference to pay.

I had paid $24,800 for the 02 in May of '03. The car was exactly a year old when I got it with 13,000 miles. I figger that was a good deal and a good trade overall, since the car was 4 model years old when I got the 350.

Surely by the time supply catches up, you ought to be able to get $1000-2000 off the MSRP maybe next summer.

I'm taking off this morning for Ohio. It's about 1300 miles round trip. I'll let you all know how it does when I get back next week.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts