Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a review of the C320 and they clocked it 0-60 at 7.1 seconds and 1/4 mile at 15.4
Not bad for a car not lauded for its performance numbers. The IS300 is still way better in price though, the one they tested was $43, 190. I bet it will be sold at MSRP or have a dealer markup as well when it first debuts. But damn, that interior....

Good news for the IS though, Road & Track has adopted one for its "Long-Term" testing, which means problems/concerns/suggestions/querks can be brought up for new buyers and maybe even Lexus will notice them.

On that page, they have a picture of an graphite rim (i think) and it looks very dark and beautiful, almost with a purplish hue to it. IS this what it looks like in real life? cuz some ppl say its much lighter, but the one in this pic looks amazing IMO.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The graphite wheels I have seen in person looked much lighter than they look in pictures. I think they catch sunlight more to the eye than what a camera captures.

I wished they looked like the pictures (darkish) all the time.

·
Registered
250 Posts
As near as I can tell the only real difference between the graphite and stock is that the graphite appear to be polished before they are painted. They are smooth to the touch and because of that they tend to reflect the surrounding light/color more than the stock wheels when photographed.

My graphite grey has the graphite wheels and I do like the wheels, but there are several other aftermarket wheels that would look better than these. That is of course pure opinion - and only mine at that.

Terry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts