Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my OBX header and Ypipe installed yesterday on my '02 IS300 E shift. I don't know if i like the sound my setup produces now... i think its just a little too loud and quite raspy.

I have been looking through a lot of threads about many other peoples setups. I was pondering whether or not to keep the greddy "b" pipe with resonator and put in a more muffled exhaust like a RMM, Carson tuned or L tuned if i can find one. or maybe put on the stock "b" and use RMM or Carson or Ltuned.

I have come to the conclusion to keep the Greddy b-pipe and replace the rear greddy axle-back section with a carson tuned exhaust.

Well heres the Video with OBX headers and Y-pipe and the Greddy Evo:
This link works
New video in garage

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Linky no work

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so if what your saying is true, then i should either return to the stock b pipe or custom make a b-pipe to work with the axle back muffler? or maybe... mod the greddy b to spec.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Try some experimenting like putting the stock ypipe back on. Then try the OBX ypipe with stock bpipe. Just a thought before you drop more coin on a new exhaust.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yea man I feel you on that raspy-ness.. I can defintely hear it. Thats why I havent put any aftermarket headers on my car, to try and keep it civilized. (It's a Lexus after all)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
np. anyone got a lift in their garage? hehe
Maybe LMS can help me out.
yeah dude im over the whole huge exhaust thing now. I would like to tone the car down but still keep a open air flow. Any other great suggestions?

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
jlee057 said:
np. anyone got a lift in their garage? hehe
Maybe LMS can help me out.
yeah dude im over the whole huge exhaust thing now. I would like to tone the car down but still keep a open air flow. Any other great suggestions?
Wanna trade your Greddy for my Dragger? It'll quiet down your system a lot.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
HKS Ti Limited is the sex! Maybe Tanabe Hyper Medallion. Anything that has that "stock" oval cannister design.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
This sucks. Link still doesn't work for me. I just get some box that has a red square, green circle and blue triangle in it. Anyone know how to make it work?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the wrong tone said:
HKS Ti Limited is the sex! Maybe Tanabe Hyper Medallion. Anything that has that "stock" oval cannister design.
I think carson tuned is pretty oval shaped to me. I was looking at the HKS Ti and it was pretty nice i must say. Im just not diggin the burnt tip.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts