Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 supra NA and I am considering changing the motor to a 98 VVTi. Either way, the 97/98 are both OBD 2.

I have a full turbo kit ready to install, can you tell me what tuning troubles I can expect running mafless with greddy emanage ultimate and the OBD2? I have 440cc injectors (need resistor info). The emanage ultimate is what I have. Nothing is installed yet. I will have no other electronics other than the stock ECU, except maybe a profec e-o1, but I prefer a MBC.

Thanks for the help.
-M

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
why would you want to swap to a vvt-i motor? It would only cause more headaches when tuning

my 2psi

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a tt shortblock is the same as an NA shortblock except for these differences:

TT has oil squirters, different pistons, and a different oil pump. All else is the same.

The long block of course has a different head and intake.......

I want the VVti. I have an OBD1 computer to replace the OBD2 if I wanted to stay with the 97 block. If I go to the 98 the ECU is too different and cannot be swapped.

Keep the ideas coming, thanks!

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
your ecu needs to be able to control VVTI.
Otherwise it just wont work.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the complete head, harness and the ecu for the VVTi. Was going to do it, but I don't think it's worth the effort for the VVTi feature alone.... So I am keeping the stock head for my build.

-M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts