Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im playing with my ODB II TOOL :lol: and I noticed bank 1 is about 3-6% leaner then the bank 2.


My question is on a WOT run from 2000 rpm the timong advance should be 45 degrees ideally right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,807 Posts
How much/where do you buy those OBD tools? They would come in handy!



p.s.-can you de-limit (mph) the car with one of those?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
xencloud said:
How much/where do you buy those OBD tools? They would come in handy!



p.s.-can you de-limit (mph) the car with one of those?
A real diagnostic tester-s tool will cost you between $3,000-$5,000 I believe.

You can buy ones that have MUCH less functionality (code readers, snapshot readers) for a lot less...

And no, you cannot change your mph limiter with either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
real? how much? :-? , mine cost 170 but has some limited functionaly due to the fact its on the palm. You can get a nice full blown PC(lap top) solution for like $140. Do a search of ODB II software there are tons on the web.

doublins said:
xencloud said:
How much/where do you buy those OBD tools? They would come in handy!



p.s.-can you de-limit (mph) the car with one of those?
A real diagnostic tester-s tool will cost you between $3,000-$5,000 I believe.

You can buy ones that have MUCH less functionality (code readers, snapshot readers) for a lot less...

And no, you cannot change your mph limiter with either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
under the dash on the left side, any one know about the timing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts

·
Mr. Negative
Joined
·
11,977 Posts
Sentinel said:
My question is on a WOT run from 2000 rpm the timong advance should be 45 degrees ideally right?
from what I know WOT open loop, timing advance on a stock car should be between 17 and 21 degrees. fuel trims will lock at -5.5% in open loop. Any less and it's retarding due to knock. I thought the maximum advance was 30%(not sure though).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks give me a dot for answering my question :lol:

It will advance to 45 when the airflow is low I need to look at my logs about the Trims at WOT

IS_Dude said:
Sentinel said:
My question is on a WOT run from 2000 rpm the timong advance should be 45 degrees ideally right?
from what I know WOT open loop, timing advance on a stock car should be between 17 and 21 degrees. fuel trims will lock at -5.5% in open loop. Any less and it's retarding due to knock. I thought the maximum advance was 30%(not sure though).
 

·
Mr. Negative
Joined
·
11,977 Posts
but at WOT/Open loop it's going to be around 20degrees. The fuel trims are accurate, but keep in mind you can add fuel while in open loop so it doesn't matter much anyway.

when it's jacking around w/ high timing advances is when it's in closed loop and trying to get whatever kind of high milage or fuel efficiency it's looking for.

Sentinel said:
Thanks give me a dot for answering my question :lol:

It will advance to 45 when the airflow is low I need to look at my logs about the Trims at WOT

IS_Dude said:
Sentinel said:
My question is on a WOT run from 2000 rpm the timong advance should be 45 degrees ideally right?
from what I know WOT open loop, timing advance on a stock car should be between 17 and 21 degrees. fuel trims will lock at -5.5% in open loop. Any less and it's retarding due to knock. I thought the maximum advance was 30%(not sure though).
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top