Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
P0131 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Can anyone inform me as to what this exactly means? + rep waiting

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
IceCold4x4 said:
P0131 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Can anyone inform me as to what this exactly means? + rep waiting

I believe it means that, during idle, the o2 sensor isn't reaching .55v output during it's cycle. It cycles back and forth in a waveform... usually going a bitlower then .4v, then a bit above .55v, then back down to a bitbelow .4v... repeating as the car idles.

I think it throws a 131 if it goes below .4 on the downcycle, but doesn't get up above .55v on the upcycle. Not sure though... just guessing based on the operation of the sensor and the definition of 130. Can't find an exact definition for 131, even though it is listed in my alldatadiy reference.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
so y'all think that would be a problem with a sensor or the cat? or the heater circut? lol i've been wondering this for a while.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
sensor is my idea, how many miles do you have?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
80k now, just haven't gotten around to finding somewhere to pull the sucker in the air to work on it, the ramps i have hit the front bumper gotta get some new ones. i starting to think cats from maybe the few times i've run the c16 ( mainly for the smell lol how sad is that)

·
Registered
538 Posts
kponti , +rep for a most helpful post!!!

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
IceCold4x4 said:
80k now, just haven't gotten around to finding somewhere to pull the sucker in the air to work on it, the ramps i have hit the front bumper gotta get some new ones. i starting to think cats from maybe the few times i've run the c16 ( mainly for the smell lol how sad is that)
You run c16 through stock cats? You nut.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IceCold4x4 said:
so y'all think that would be a problem with a sensor or the cat? or the heater circut? lol i've been wondering this for a while.
Won't be the cat since it is a sensor 1 problem. So I concur with Das on his post above. Even if it were just a heater problem with the sensor, a new sensor will be needed unless you connect a resistor in series, but I do not relish cutting the wires for the two sensor 1s. Not to say its too bad, just would rather not if not necessary.

BTW NAPAonline has the Bosch sensors for our car for around 100bucks if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
ya das c16 just smells soo good lol, actually i ran 3 full tanks when gas prices jumped up the station over here was cheaper for about 2 weeks for c16 than the 92 so oh well. Ya well the cat's were gonna be ditched for something else eventually. i just may have to move the tables up. As if the rat chewing the same damn sensor up 8 months ago wasn't enough jeez. . . .

Kponti do you have the part numbers on those sensors?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
linkie no workie

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry here is the #-BSA 15733, evidently the O2 sensors on the Pre Cats are the same as the Post cats. So you can just change the post cat sensor to the pre-cat sensor and simulate the post cat.

Or just go to www.Napaonline.com , select is300 and search for the o2 sensor.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
huh i tried that guess www.napaonline.com doens't like firefox oh well. Actually i Fixed it last night sorry to thread jack here Kponti. Making a new one on the whole deal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts