Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Bay Area IS300 people,

I am due for my free dealer service...Does anyone have any experience with any 3 of the East Bay Lexus dealers? Any recommendations?

Thanks! 8)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Magnussen Lexus in Fremont 510-657-6600, by far #1 they are they only dealership we use in the Bay Area.
Mike

solarpower2002 said:

I am due for my free dealer service...Does anyone have any experience with any 3 of the East Bay Lexus dealers? Any recommendations?

Thanks! 8)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got my car from fremont, so im gonna service my car there. In addition, their service is is excellent. I dont know where you got your car from, but people should(usually) take it the place they purchased it. I have seen and experience instances where the cars wasnt treated well, so to speak, cuzz it wasnt purchased at their location. And i say (usually) cuzz they should unless ....Service Just Sucks.

I dont know about the others but I know Fremont is good. If im not mistaken they were noted as the top dealer in sales and/or service.

Fremont....is My final Answer.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot guys. I bought my GGP at Pleasanton, but I live in the middle of the three Lexus dealerships so just trying to decide where I should go. Do you wait around for your oil change? Or do they give you a loaner?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I just took my car to Pleasanton for 5k service. I got a loaner for the 1k service, but they refused to give a loaner for the 5k service. I was arguing with them, and they told me "we don't give out loaners for the 1k and 5k service, because it was only a 1.5 hour service" :roll: Regardless, I still got the service done there, cuz I was too lazy to make appointment wiht other places, I just wanted to get it done and over with.
Overall, servicedidn't seemt too bad, I waited for only 40 minutes, and it was done. No burnt oil smell after oil change too, kinda made me wonder if they even bothered to change the oil or not. The engine compartment, looked a little too clean.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
IS Pilot said:
Magnussen Lexus in Fremont 510-657-6600, by far #1 they are they only dealership we use in the Bay Area.
Mike

solarpower2002 said:

Thanks! 8)
Does Fremont Lexus sell PLP products? I live a minute away from there. That is cool to know that PLP uses Fremont Lexus!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
lunatictokyo said:
I just took my car to Pleasanton for 5k service. I got a loaner for the 1k service, but they refused to give a loaner for the 5k service. I was arguing with them, and they told me "we don't give out loaners for the 1k and 5k service, because it was only a 1.5 hour service" :roll: Regardless, I still got the service done there, cuz I was too lazy to make appointment wiht other places, I just wanted to get it done and over with.
Overall, servicedidn't seemt too bad, I waited for only 40 minutes, and it was done. No burnt oil smell after oil change too, kinda made me wonder if they even bothered to change the oil or not. The engine compartment, looked a little too clean.
Wow! That is a pretty strong accusation. Be careful.

·
Registered
201 Posts
IS300Lexury said:
I got my car from fremont, so im gonna service my car there. In addition, their service is is excellent. I dont know where you got your car from, but people should(usually) take it the place they purchased it. I have seen and experience instances where the cars wasnt treated well, so to speak, cuzz it wasnt purchased at their location. And i say (usually) cuzz they should unless ....Service Just Sucks.

I dont know about the others but I know Fremont is good. If im not mistaken they were noted as the top dealer in sales and/or service.

yeah i heard the same thing about buying it from one dealership and getting crummy service from another dealer.
yep, fremont in the way to go! I SECOND THAT! :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
LadyLexusIS300 said:
IS300Lexury said:

yeah i heard the same thing about buying it from one dealership and getting crummy service from another dealer.
Yup, I would have to say that Fremont is the best. They even came out to my place in the city to perform my 10k service. The mechanic was knowledgable too and we chatted for a while too. I went to Lexus of Concord to do some of my 15k service (change my transmission fluid, Diff oil, and rotate the wheels). They charge me $45 just to rotate my wheels and they made a mess. There was oil and grease on the rims and transmission fluid on the hood and inside the engine compartment.

·
Registered
126 Posts
is300insf said:
LadyLexusIS300 said:
IS300Lexury said:

Yup, I would have to say that Fremont is the best. They even came out to my place in the city to perform my 10k service. The mechanic was knowledgable too and we chatted for a while too. I went to Lexus of Concord to do some of my 15k service (change my transmission fluid, Diff oil, and rotate the wheels). They charge me $45 just to rotate my wheels and they made a mess. There was oil and grease on the rims and transmission fluid on the hood and inside the engine compartment.
Don't know anything about Lexus of Fremont, but if there is one thing I do know, it's to avoid Lexus of Concord for anything. Sales, service...they suck at everything. I haven't seen one post here that said anything good about Lexus of Concord... :shame:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
Inimical
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing