Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, ive been looking around and ive noticed that a lot of you guys are using the tokensolutions PnP o2 sim. I also found that a few ppl are using a different sim made by o2simulator. com o2 simulator for Lexus 2004+ [lexus-o2sim] - $40.00 : O2 Simulator, E-commerce. would this simulator work just as well as the tokensolutions one? im planning on installing headers and keeping my stock ypipe. thanks

·
Registered
679 Posts
I haven't tried the O2 sim but i can tell you my header + stock y-pipe install experience using the Token PnP O2 delete.

I got a cheap e-bay header and its fine except that the O2 sensor will hit the firewall...I faced 2 options 1)modify the header by relocating the bung and welding it in or 2)modify the firewall by smashing it in with a slugging hammer...I went with option 2 (but dont blame me if you break something if you choose to go this route)...Other than that everything works fine...400+ miles on it already and No CELs!..

Tip: Its been said and said again...If you keep the stock y-pipe make sure you put in a OEM header to y-pipe gaskets or else you WILL HAVE AN EXHAUST LEAK!!!I was able to reuse all of my existing OEM gaskets with no leaks...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Token solutions and dont look back......
Agreed if you're gonna do it, do it right. The extra dollars spent is worth missing out on the pain and heart ache of trying to half ass it = -) I have the token solutions O2 delete and it has work flawless for me over the past 8 months.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
679 Posts
lol wahts the difference between the 2?

*EDIT*
okay, apparently o2simulator is going thru a law suit or somehting so they cant sell o2 simulators? #07-490: 07-10-07 Federal Settlement Targets Illegal Emission Control “Defeat Devices” Sold for Autos

if i go tokensolutions, which sim do i get? Plug and Play Full o2 Delete Lexus IS300/MKIV Supra - TokenSolutions Store or Lexus IS300/SC300 B1S2/B2S2 simulator - TokenSolutions Store ?
The difference is if you go with an o2 simulator, you have to cut and solder some wiring...If you go with TokenSolutions all you gotta do is unclip and plug in(plug and play)...If you want to go back to stock, no problem...Also look into the cost of a replacement o2 sensor from Lexus...TokenSolutions is a wayyyy cheaper solution then replacing one after cat O2 sensor when it goes bad...

TokenSolutions is offering only 2 types of PnP O2 deletes...One for the n/a supra and one for the IS300(just choose your year)...Figure out which one you need...lol...

Reactions: TofuMaster

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The difference between the two token products is one is PNP, deletes the sensors completely, the other is very similar to the o2sims.com one, is 'chip' style and wires in at the ECU and only simulates the o2 output, not the heaters. The difference between this 'chip' style and o2sims is that the TS one can be modified via jumpers to work on both 01-03 and 04+.

Thanks all for the inputs.

I read about the Casper case. The TS description makes it clear that it is used for OBDII safety retention on off-road race vehicles, but going over the law it makes it sound like it is simply illegal period, that the EPA should be going over to sanctioned drift, race, NASA, SCCA etc etc events and arresting the drivers/teams- as they have removed the controls from their motor vehicles. No where does there seem to be an exception for racing/off road events, just for testing and national defense. Am I reading into it wrong?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Went Token for my O2, even passed my state inspection with no cats on the car and haven't had a Cel since I put it on, 1 year ago.

Go Token or go home in my book!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.