Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a header and racepipe combo u need 2 o2 sims on the rear 2 o2 sensors right? ive been hearing i only need 1 o2 sim from some people but that wouldnt make sense seeing as how there is one sensor after the header cat and one o2 sensor before the y-pipe cat. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hmm. the toyomoto sim goes on the O2 sensor on the pipe after the header. Race pipe y pipe whatever you may call it. The purpose of it is to send a false voltage reading to the ECU so the said ECU has no idea that the cat is no longer there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
is it possible to keep the cat with the race pipe ? because i dont really want my car to stink like a 89 tempo or anything like that.. i dont appreciate all the noise as well, Id rather have it a bit quieter and w/o all that stink as well.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
bpointer said:
Hmm. the toyomoto sim goes on the O2 sensor on the pipe after the header. Race pipe y pipe whatever you may call it. The purpose of it is to send a false voltage reading to the ECU so the said ECU has no idea that the cat is no longer there.
Nope the Toyot sim also goes on the same O2 sensor, I am sure of this 100%. The only difference is there sia long blue wire that runs all the way back to the O2 that is on the Y-pipe... but there is no need for this.

Daniel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.