Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many O2 sensors do we have on our IS300?
Which of them will need to be replace when I am 100K and I dont think I have replace any of them.......

How much does the O2 sensor cost?

Do I need OEM O2 sensors for our car or aftermarket O2 sensors is good?

Where is the best place to get an O2 sensors for cheap?

Thank You

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I don't think you have to replace any O2 sensors unless they are faulty. Don't waste your money changing O2 sensors that still work fine.

Reactions: Tigger

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Crester is right. You replace them when your CEL lights up prompting you its faulty.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi IS Community. Nigellll, there are Four (4) O2 sensors. They cost about $175$-$250 each with installation. (Depending on where you get them.) But stated by the man below me, they can run to about $95-$115 for the part itself.

Reactions: Tigger

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have one laying around. the part number is 89465-53200.

It is for bank 1 sensor 2, let me know if you are interested. I let it go for $130 shipped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here you go...

Perfect!
Hi, new to the forums. You guys seem on point.

Just had my o2 sensor crap out @ 90k. Apparently the infamous bank 2 sensor 2. do you have an image that includes that sensor, or is it just not clearly stated on your image? Perhaps I'm just not seeing which one it is?

Does anyone off hand know the part number for this specific sensor, and/or a good repair manual (apparently Haynes doesn't carry Lexus...)? Just out of school and there's NO way I can afford to let a mechanic have a go at this. Already doing the timing belt...:pissed:

-Zac
'03 Izzo 300 5 spd. bare bones stock

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
step one find a used or new 02 sensor for cheap on ebay or on the boards
step two cut and solder the new one into the old wires UNLESS it's the exact same 02 sensor then it would be plug and play.

I did mine, mine was 02bank2 and I had a direct replacment, but didn't feel like taking my seat out and pulling the carpet, so we just cut and soldered in the new one. Then i made a nice JDM necklace out of my old 02.

D

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
im just lazy :)

id rather solder than wrench if I can.

make sure your joints are silver and you use heat shrink to cover them. Elec tape is a no-no since it will get wet under the car if its a o2-bank2 and not to mention the amount of heat under the car and the amount of heat on all 02sensors.

D

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Does anyone off hand know the part number for this specific sensor, and/or a good repair manual (apparently Haynes doesn't carry Lexus...)? Just out of school and there's NO way I can afford to let a mechanic have a go at this. Already doing the timing belt...:pissed:

-Zac
'03 Izzo 300 5 spd. bare bones stock
Here you go:
http://my.is/forums/f114/sharing-wealth-312382/

OR

A few .net members asked me about the repair manual in PDF format. I gave them access to it...well hopefully all of us as a community can help one another out. The manual has uploaded on my personal Comcast account for a while so everyone can now use it. Just download and install winrar.

http://home.comcast.net/~turbo2jz/is300_2001-05.rar
http://my.is/forums/f93/repair-manuals-is300-352120/

·
Registered
2 Posts
EPIC BUMP

sorry guys, I don't own a Lexus, or anything, but my ex does, and her O2 sensors, or one of them has gone bad. Not exactly sure on the mileage, but I was wondering if there is a way to tell which one of the sensors has taken a dump on her, or will I have to replace them until I find that right one? I'm hoping it's not this notorious "under the seat" sensor. I don't want to make it a whole day event. Any help would be great though in determining this, and if anyone can point me to a good DIY, I'd be grateful. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
I'm assuming you know one went bad because you have a check engine light on. If so get the code read from autozone or your preferred auto parts store and post the code here. We can then tell you which one it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm assuming you know one went bad because you have a check engine light on. If so get the code read from autozone or your preferred auto parts store and post the code here. We can then tell you which one it is.
thanks bro, i'll have her do that, and then I'll get back to you guys asap with it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
yea why does bank2/sensor2 goes out. Mine went out on 25K so I replaced it, then again when on my 50K it lighted up again. Is there something I need to fix before I start to change it again?.. I dont want it to go out every 25K.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts