Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yep, I would say that’s B1S1. And the bulge in the header just distal to the B1S1 is the cat. So B1S2 should be just on the other side of the cat. Should be able to see it from underneath the car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yep, I would say that’s B1S1. And the bulge in the header just distal to the B1S1 is the cat. So B1S2 should be just on the other side of the cat. Should be able to see it from underneath the car.
Yup. Knew that was the cat. Not sure why I’m not getting notifications of posts. Anyway. Ok so I’m going to order the Denso sensor for B1S2 and hope that’s my problem. Also, found a huge exhaust leak where the header meets the y-pipe. I’m not sure if the PO even put a gasket in there. So I bought new gaskets for that today. Fingers crossed the sensor and that leak are my last exhaust issues.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yup. Knew that was the cat. Not sure why I’m not getting notifications of posts. Anyway. Ok so I’m going to order the Denso sensor for B1S2 and hope that’s my problem. Also, found a huge exhaust leak where the header meets the y-pipe. I’m not sure if the PO even put a gasket in there. So I bought new gaskets for that today. Fingers crossed the sensor and that leak are my last exhaust issues.
Yeah I would do that for sure. Much cheaper to try a sensor than the whole header. If it’s an aftermarket Midpipe - you maybe said, I don’t remember - it’s hard to get a good seal where it meets the header. I went through several of the flat gaskets before I got a decent seal. I had a catless header and the Megan midpipe, I dont think either of the flanges were dead flat, and it always leaked there.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
26 Participants
Kris OK
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing