Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i got a question. im thinking about picking up a set of the mazzuri headers and i was woundering, if i didnt get an o2 simulator would it affect the preformance of the car at all? ive read online that sometimes your car goes into a limp mode, now is that true?? also the second o2 sensors come after the cat right?? so what if i was to just zip tie it down somewhere where it could read clean air, would that work? thanks

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
r u serious?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aye im ghetto, ok. im still young, i aint got alot of money, im still going to school and thats how i use to roll with my buddies when i had a honda. just looking for advice.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
this ain't no honda, i've had a few myself, even when i had a honda i wasn't cheap about it, get a o2 sim,

·
Registered
232 Posts
which o2 sim??? the market one for hondas that should work on our cars ive seen it done on the evos they sell it as a o2 heat insulator all it does is pulls the sensor out of the exhaust flow and you can get them online for 10 dollars

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
you need the dual output one, make sure you get the one that matches your year car, and usually they go for around 40bux

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah ive seen it done on evos too, thats actually where i got the idea. well im just about to pic one up from the FS section the guys says its a dual and that he used it on his 03. that should work for a 02 5 spd rite?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah its not exactly the same one but yeah thats the same concept. people say you can actually get them at your local auto part store in the HELP section for couple of bucks, has something to do with spark plugs. anyways heres a link to see how they look in action and how they look at the auto store.

Forums -> Mechanical O2 Simulator

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
now that i think of it i actually have a set of the exact ones i posted, if anyone is interested? took it off my honda when i sold it. if you buy them at a local store your ganna have to bore one of them out and then re-thread it so the other one can screw into it. ive already done that with mine. saying that the mazzuri headers dont even come with a bunge i already went ahead and bought an electric o2 sim.

·
Registered
232 Posts
DO NOT BUY FROM THE COMPANY I POSTED they never shipped the item and ignored any and every email i sent them...paypal refunded my money thankfully... i did however find an innovate heat sink for turbo cars and put it on b1s2 (thats the code i was throwing) i drove from reno to sacramento and to san francisco and back to reno total miles since the "o2sim" about 700 no cel on this trip i broke my record from the last time i drove it which was all freeway no playing around in sac i got under 370 on a tank after putting it on i drove it and did alot of city driving and pulled 395 it worked so far... as far as
"movNonup yeah its not exactly the same one but yeah thats the same concept. people say you can actually get them at your local auto part store in the HELP section for couple of bucks, has something to do with spark plugs. anyways heres a link to see how they look in action and how they look at the auto store. " i found it it is called a "spark plug defouler" you have to use the 2 that come in the pack and on the top one you have to drill or cut it out so the o2 sensor will fit through... not sure if this thing works but i paid $6 so not a huge loss if it doesnt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts