Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, running into a problem and I can't seem to figure it out. I have 1 o2 sensor on the Aristo manifold. On the ECU side, I have B2S1 taped into B1S1. Now, When i drive the car, the ONLY CEL's that come up are Heater's for all 4 o2 sensors? I would imagine, the signal would come up for both rear sensors since they are not even present. But I'm not worried about that. Is there any reason, the heater code would be present but not the signal code? Could this just be an indication of a bad sensor?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
This is a really stupid question but its regardless of what motor you're running: Do you have the secondary o2's simmed??

You're on the IS3 ecu -
You need to simulate the signal wires of b2s2 and b1s2.
I've done this ten different ways on the oem ecu and never an issue.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting theory....any other insights on this. Currently there is only 1 o2 on the car. I have 3 more ports. 2 are pluged and the 3rd is where my wideband is. I DO NOT have an o2 sim, Could I plug in one of the rear sensors and tap them together like i have for the first 2?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I believe 300iss took the diagram I did, modified it and made a clear explannation tutorial post on how do successfully run one o2 sensor. You will have no issues simulating the secondarys and simply splicing the removed primary into single working primary!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Bumping this up again. I havent had much time lately to work on the car, but will probably be doing this rewire soon. I appreciate the wiring diagram mikkellucci!

I laid it out, just because I am a visual learner and doing it myself makes sense of it. Is what I did here correct?
Okay this is what i found. The 1 sensors, are exactly how i have it. If the o2 sim deals with sensor 2's why would sensor1 heater codes be triggered, would an o2 sim help my problem out? ...puzzling :suspiciou Because if it will, I'll overnight one right now...LOL

·
Registered
509 Posts
The 02 sim only sim's the signal not the heater so the explains the heater CEL for the S2's. As for the S1's it sounds like 1) the ECU isn't getting a signal period 2) The signal is out of range. Exactly which code is it?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 02 sim only sim's the signal not the heater so the explains the heater CEL for the S2's. As for the S1's it sounds like 1) the ECU isn't getting a signal period 2) The signal is out of range. Exactly which code is it?
Here are the codes its throwing:

P0135 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0155 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
P0161 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 2)

I went ahead and picked up an o2 sim just to at least remove the last two CEL's and start to eliminate possibilities. I also picked up a brand new o2 sensor for B1S1. This should kill the chance that the one that's in there is bad. And if I still get the same error at least on B1S1 then I know its not the sensor itself.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
If you wire the sim as described above and in a few more recent threads - you will not get any CELs. Granted you also jump the signal from your removed primary o2. I've done this on two cars over the course of 3yrs..

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you wire the sim as described above and in a few more recent threads - you will not get any CELs. Granted you also jump the signal from your removed primary o2. I've done this on two cars over the course of 3yrs..
If this works....Dinner at Mortons is on me, whenever you are in Houston...HAHA

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
You can tap all 4 heater signals to the one coming off the single primary O2.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
I think your heater in sensor 1 is bad. This happens way too often if you keep removing and installing that sensor. Try the other sensor 1 you have and see if that helps. I have that cel too cos the heater went out after I moved the sensor from my last header.

Also like Paul said, a sensor with a working heater, tap all the other 3 heater signals into that, you should be set.

PS with all this tapping and cutting, you should consider getting a jumper harness from boomslang so you can cut in peace.

·
Registered
509 Posts
For my own understanding, if you wire it like the diagram why do you NOT get B2S2, B1S2 heater CELs? Or do you mean tap the heater from B1S1 for all of the missing sensors?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think your heater in sensor 1 is bad. This happens way too often if you keep removing and installing that sensor. Try the other sensor 1 you have and see if that helps. I have that cel too cos the heater went out after I moved the sensor from my last header.

Also like Paul said, a sensor with a working heater, tap all the other 3 heater signals into that, you should be set.

PS with all this tapping and cutting, you should consider getting a jumper harness from boomslang so you can cut in peace.
Well i have the pnp harness for the emanage. I have basically only cut 2 wires on the actual harness, so i think im okay. :p

I didn't know the heater can get screwed if you move it around so much. That is probably what the problem is then.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
okay fellas update:

I pulled the o2 sensor off the car yesterday. Much to my surprise it was still the sensor that came with the motor and it was COVERED in soot from the exhaust. I'm convinced that sensor was definitely bad.

Like a DUMBASS I ordered the primary o2 for the IS and not a Supra. :( Totally different flange. I thought about putting the IS sensor in the DP bung which is VERY close to the stock sensor location but I figured....naw, let me just keep it where it is and get a sensor that belongs with this engine no sense in throwing another possible twist in there. I ordered the Supra sensor so when that gets here I'll slap that in and PRAY that fixes my problem.

On a bright note, the IS sensor I ordered, I can use in my GS since its also throwing a CEL and its that's the sensor that is bad....LMAO!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts