Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my o2 simulator the other day and the check engine light wouldnt go off. checked all the wiring and everyhting and it was right. the green light is flashing every couple seconds so i couldnt figure out what was wrong. so i searched around trying to figure out what was wrong and finally decided it was probly just a faulty o2 sim cus i heard that happens sometimes so i emailed the guy at o2sim.com and he asked me the code it was throwing so i told him it was a P0161. and he replied to this with
Chris,
P0161 it is heater circuit malfunction Bank 2 Sensor 2.
It is not related to o2simulator.
It is completely different circuit.
Did you cut o2sensor heater wires?
Or o2sensor heater element is bad (burned).
That's is no circuit and ECU detects it.
You can replace o2sensor or try to use heater resistor 20 Ohm 20 Watt to simulate secondary o2sensor heater element.
Please check FAQ on O2 Simulator, E-commerce
If 20 Ohm resistor is not gonna work (works for most cars) you have to lower resistance value to 10 Ohm.
Some cars ECU like BMW and Mazda use even lower resistance 7 Ohm or 5 Ohm .
Thank you. O2 Simulator, E-commerce

so i dont really understand this and i already failed emissions once and i have a little less than a month to get this fixed and pass so i was just hoping someone knew what i need to do. possibly a new 02 sensor? if so whihc one?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
o ya and one thing that may have something to do with it is we cut the secondary o2 sensor off at first because directions that came with it said it installed to that but then we found out it goes in the computer but we reconnected the wires but i dont know if its still right. jsut in case that helps.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no1 can help???

·
Registered
232 Posts
Simple o2 sim Install instructions with pictures

If you need the wiring diagram of an '01 for the install insutructions above, scroll down this page.

Warning: Be careful when you deal with the sensor 1's. These read fuel. Don't mess with these unless you know what you're doing.

************************************************************************************

So I might as well make this thread complete and post the wiring diagrams for installing 02 sims.

***********************************************************************************

**********************************************************************************

So here's an example of how to simulate a bad heater wire from your racepipe using the diagram i made above.
*********************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************
i installed my new megan header and y-pipe and had the p0161 so i started with splicing b2s2 to b1s2 and no light... im still waiting fot it to come back on for my lack of cat

·
Registered
649 Posts
may be from the o2 sensors getting plugged into the wrong spots. i have the same problem, im going to recheck them right now. ill let ya know, if you still dont have your problem fixed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Silvr,

Did you try reseting the ECU (Disconnect the battery, wait 10 min, hook it back up) AFTER you plugged the bank 2 sensor back together? I had it throw the same code when mine went bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts